AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

fun. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Nate from Fun. Video Interview

Posted by - 11:11 PM on 04/10/12
Check out a video interview with Nate from fun. in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
11:12 PM on 04/10/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:24 PM on 04/10/12
basselmudarris
The sun will forever keep rising.
User Info.
He is such a cool human person. He seems really down-to-earth too.
11:28 PM on 04/10/12
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
User Info.
Met him on that first fun. tour with Jack's Mannequin. He was very nice. He was different, kinda shy and unique, almost like he didn't get why anyone would think it was cool to talk with him. He signed some stuff for my sister and I and took a picture, and then just kept hanging out.

Good memory. I met Andrew McMahon on his solo tour the following year at the same venue. Love the Varsity in Minneapolis.
11:53 PM on 04/10/12
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
Nate Ruess is a genius.
12:05 AM on 04/11/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
Very cool guy.

They were sold out in Atlanta so I had to miss them, but do they cover any of The Format? Is he against it or anything like that?

As for We Are Young, the intro is awesome, but there are better songs on the album. I hope the people who are listening to it check out Some Nights, All Alone, and Stars (my favorites)
12:21 AM on 04/11/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
NATE IS A LIAR

Ice Cream is the best band name ever....
12:50 AM on 04/11/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Very cool guy.

They were sold out in Atlanta so I had to miss them, but do they cover any of The Format? Is he against it or anything like that?

As for We Are Young, the intro is awesome, but there are better songs on the album. I hope the people who are listening to it check out Some Nights, All Alone, and Stars (my favorites)
no, they don't. i wouldn't say he's "against it", it'd just be weird. it'd probably be different if he went solo or something.

think about it like this, you and a friend have a thing that you do. whether it be an inside joke or a common hobby, whatever it is, it's your guys thing. then you see your friend doing that thing with another one of his friends without you being involved, it'd be a bit of a burn wouldn't it?

besides, as I said in a Fun. post a few days ago, the Format never broke up. be patient. their tastes will re-align in time. they've already begun to if you really pay attention. I'm figuring Nate's next release is going to have some very nice financial backing behind it. It'd really be a shame if he didn't use that leverage to work with Sam in a more stable environment than the past afforded.
01:23 AM on 04/11/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.

They used to, when fun. only had one album's worth of songs, but after Some Nights was in the recording process/released, they don't anymore.

besides, as I said in a Fun. post a few days ago, the Format never broke up. be patient. their tastes will re-align in time. they've already begun to if you really pay attention. I'm figuring Nate's next release is going to have some very nice financial backing behind it. It'd really be a shame if he didn't use that leverage to work with Sam in a more stable environment than the past afforded.

you are sorely mistaken... the format are done, broken up, cut it anyway you like but nothing will re-align, the band is done. Don't get your hopes up at all, you'll only be disappointed
04:26 AM on 04/11/12
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
They used to, when fun. only had one album's worth of songs, but after Some Nights was in the recording process/released, they don't anymore.

you are sorely mistaken... the format are done, broken up, cut it anyway you like but nothing will re-align, the band is done. Don't get your hopes up at all, you'll only be disappointed
Nothing on this site has broken my heart the way that this just did

but you're right
05:08 AM on 04/11/12
Dazz567
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
no, they don't. i wouldn't say he's "against it", it'd just be weird. it'd probably be different if he went solo or something.

think about it like this, you and a friend have a thing that you do. whether it be an inside joke or a common hobby, whatever it is, it's your guys thing. then you see your friend doing that thing with another one of his friends without you being involved, it'd be a bit of a burn wouldn't it?

I'm not sure where you've been getting your information, guy, but Fun. definitely played "Dog Problems" when I saw them in Cleveland in 2010.
08:02 AM on 04/11/12
heartinlondon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love him. miss the format though.
08:21 AM on 04/11/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.

They've covered the format many many times. I personally love when they do "The first single"

Also The Format isn't coming back.
08:31 AM on 04/11/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Nothing on this site has broken my heart the way that this just did

but you're right
sadly, hearts gotta be broken
08:32 AM on 04/11/12
knux
Dreaming in Japanese
User Info.
They covered a couple Formate songs when I saw them at Schubas in Chicago a few years ago.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos