Username
Password

01:46 AM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
cvs24
Jersey Born & Raised
Northern NJ
Male - 22 Years Old
Warped Tour '09 was pretty rough, had a splitting migraine the entire day, and had to bow out before seeing Alexisonfire/Bad Religion/ADTR unfortunately...

Not saying their bad, but at the Thursday Starland show in December, I really disliked Screaming Females... Probably an acquired taste, but the show besides that was fantastic.

Hmm, Can't really think of many other particularly bad experiences at the concerts I've been to.
03:12 AM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
I'mAGetUpKid
...welcome to the new year.
Rochesterish, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't think I got laid that night no which was surprising because she was pretty slutty.. I remember her turning around during one of the bmth remix tracks and telling me it was turning her on. Slutty scene chicks do not impress me. Needless to say I ended up dumping her.

The next day?!

We were in a serious relationship, lolz.

So no...?
04:04 AM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
Fort Bragg, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
Set Your Goals/This Time Next Year/The Story So Far/The Sheds holiday tour @The Vault in Temecula.

I was really looking forward to this show, especially seeing all of these bands in a tiny venue. The place was filled with a bunch of obnoxious people who were just trying (and succeeding) to ruin everyone's good time. I haven't been to a show in Temecula in a long time before that, and I was just reminded of how shitty their scene is.

All of the bands sounded great though.

lmao... The Vault. I never went to a show there but I heard so many bad things about that place. Did you ever go to any shows at Mad Maddlin's Cafe? So many great shows there for how pathetic of a place it was.

For me, worst show was Dashboard Confessional at the first Bamboozle Left. Such a letdown playing basically all his new stuff at the time. There were some hardcore DC fans there that were seriously crying and left because of how bad it was/how weak his set was.
01:34 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
Moses Malone
And nothing of value was lost
Houston, TX
Male - 20 Years Old
The next day?!

So no...?
As in, there were no further benefits to receive that I hadn't already been accustomed to.
05:06 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
flawd101
No Avatar Selected
VA
Male
I will never go back to yonkers NY

i went to see motionless in white in spring 2009. the show started and hour late, i drove around yonkers and it was the worst place ive ever seen. i am glad i didn't walk. i saw 3 local bands in almost 3 hours. then they announced their would be another one. it was already really late so i just had to go. i didn't get to see any of the touring bands and never got to see MIW play old songs. Then my GPS took the long way back home. Ive never been to a show that was even close to how disorganized this show was.
10:47 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
panterafan17
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Philadelphia
Male - 20 Years Old
Just got home from Union Transfer in Philly and can honestly say tonight was a disappointment. Converge (my favorite band and 5th time seeing them), Pianos Become The Teeth, Loma Prieta, Bird In Row, and Git Some played. Most unorganized fucking show I've ever been to. Show was supposed to start at 7 and didnt till 8. There were no set times so the bands pretty much just went on whenever. I asked one of the security guards and one of the sound guys when converge would be starting/ending and their answers were both the same: "Idk man theres 4 bands before them so you figure it out". The Crowd was completely dead and acted like assholes until PBTT. Converge killed it as usual and always will. Sadly, I had to leave before their last 4 songs (it was either that or no ride home). I love Converge and always will but tonight pissed me the fuck off.
11:54 AM on 04/14/12 
User Info.
NateIsHxC
Rockville Centre,...
Male - 23 Years Old
I will never go back to yonkers NY

i went to see motionless in white in spring 2009. the show started and hour late, i drove around yonkers and it was the worst place ive ever seen. i am glad i didn't walk. i saw 3 local bands in almost 3 hours. then they announced their would be another one. it was already really late so i just had to go. i didn't get to see any of the touring bands and never got to see MIW play old songs. Then my GPS took the long way back home. Ive never been to a show that was even close to how disorganized this show was.

my friend goes to school in Yonkers, and I go there quite often to visit. You're right its really not a place you want to walk around. Especially after it gets dark, but I didnt even know there was a venue in Yonkers. Do you remember where the show was?
12:30 PM on 04/14/12 
User Info.
skibby15
Registered Member
The Hoosier State
Male - 24 Years Old
Just got home from Union Transfer in Philly and can honestly say tonight was a disappointment. Converge (my favorite band and 5th time seeing them), Pianos Become The Teeth, Loma Prieta, Bird In Row, and Git Some played. Most unorganized fucking show I've ever been to. Show was supposed to start at 7 and didnt till 8. There were no set times so the bands pretty much just went on whenever. I asked one of the security guards and one of the sound guys when converge would be starting/ending and their answers were both the same: "Idk man theres 4 bands before them so you figure it out". The Crowd was completely dead and acted like assholes until PBTT. Converge killed it as usual and always will. Sadly, I had to leave before their last 4 songs (it was either that or no ride home). I love Converge and always will but tonight pissed me the fuck off.

that's how some shows around here go. it's fucking stupid
12:40 PM on 04/14/12 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected

I used to love going to converge shows but somewhere along the lines all the metal and hxc kids stopped going and they have huge hipster crowds who refuse to give any band a chance...i went to see converge two years ago and it was an awful experience as well.
06:07 PM on 04/16/12 
User Info.
normz
This just isn't how.
Rochester NY
Male - 23 Years Old

Haha no but not to long aferwards.
07:01 AM on 04/17/12 
User Info.
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
I got gum thrown in my hair at Say Anything/Saves the Day a few years ago. That sucked. Then I got one of those industrial plastic gray trash cans thrown at the crowd/me by... security? I don't know, it was weird. Jannus Landing in St. Pete, FL a number of years ago now. Manchester Orchestra opened. That tour was killer.

The other night at Andrew WK, a guy behind me spilled an entire beer on my iPhone.

My lady friend was kicked in the head by a crowd surfer and got a mild concussion at Thursday/Taking Back Sunday.

Dude got stabbed in Ybor at the Masquerade at a show a while ago.

The Cursive show the other night was probably the most drunk and boisterous crowd I've ever experienced. Multiple fights. Tim Kasher actually stopped the show because of how people were heckling/being obnoxious. Orlando's Social.

Saw a bro attack a little scene girl at a Blood Brothers show once. State Theatre.

Maylene opened for He is Legend, and about 85% of the crowd left before HiL. Also State Theatre.

The amount of yelling/heckling when I saw Flight of the Conchords here in Tampa once was just awful. Bret/Jemaine kept commenting about it. I think they were intimidated.

Warped Tour a number of years ago had scores of people passing out because of the heat. I think about 50? I wanna say. When International Noise Conspiracy came here, whatever year that was.

General douchiness at Nine Inch Nails' Lights in the Sky tour, Radiohead's most recent tour. I don't get the point of getting blackout wasted at those shows. That's just me.

Basically, been to a lot of shows, seen a lot of stupid stuff.
07:27 AM on 04/17/12 
User Info.
ruptured
Female
i saw cursive last month for the first time and i was super stoked because i've been trying to catch them for years but there was a couple standing in front of me that started making out and pretty much grinding on each other right in the middle of the room and it was the worst.

having to wait an extra 45 or so minutes to see paramore at bamboozle a couple years ago is up there pretty high. drake's set went over and the dude would not. stop. playing.
07:47 AM on 04/17/12 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
The other night at Andrew WK, a guy behind me spilled an entire beer on my iPhone.
To be fair, what were you doing with your iPhone out during Andrew W.K.? You should have been partying!

having to wait an extra 45 or so minutes to see paramore at bamboozle a couple years ago is up there pretty high. drake's set went over and the dude would not. stop. playing.
I was there too, Drake was a douche.
08:23 AM on 04/17/12 
User Info.
JulianH
No Avatar Selected
Male - 22 Years Old
my worst experience one was lastnight at the molotov solution show my ears are screwed could barely hear any thing thanks to the plane ride I took busted my ear drums, before that was Mayhem 09 in Dallas yet one of my favorite memories got to meet Manson, KsE, ATR, God Forbid, BFMV, Whitechapel, Trivium, and JFAC now what ruined it was I missed God Forbid, The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, JFAC, & Cannibal Corups, Manson, and Slayer were AWFUL!!! what made up for it is I was getting food during Slayer and Phil L (ATR) came running up and hid behind me, I geeked out and asked if I could hang with him and I went to the bar area and got to hang with most of the guys on the tour JFAC left when I got there tho cuz we had had a disagreement earlier
10:02 AM on 04/17/12 
User Info.
normz
This just isn't how.
Rochester NY
Male - 23 Years Old

That will teach you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version