Touche!

On a sidenote - fucking love the Beastie Boys
12:28 PM on 04/12/12
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
Touche!

On a sidenote - fucking love the Beastie Boys
Same here...Hot Sauce Committee Pt II was my favorite album of last year!!
02:21 PM on 04/12/12
bobbyblacks
User Info.
i just want to sit down with axl for 45 minutes and just see what its like in his brain.
did you ever watch the that metal show interview? its just really uncomfortable. and you can't actually pick his brain. you can only ask like three questions or hell blow up
08:14 AM on 04/13/12
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
User Info.
Really don't get why this makes him a "douche". He isn't trying to stop the other guys from getting nominated. He's just saying he is happy with the band he is with now and doesn't want to detract from that by doing something with the 'real' GnR.

Then again, people probably would call him a douche if he did a proper reunion as well, saying he's only in it for the money.

The point remains, Axl has done a ton of douchey things, but this isn't really one of them.

It is kind of douchey, to be perfectly honest. I know that he doesn't exactly have the best relationship with his former bandmates and hasn't for quite some time, but he's making this all about him whether he thinks he is or not. It's not all about him. It's about G'n'R, collectively, and their accomplishments as a band. He should be able to rise above the fact that he has some ill feelings toward his former bandmates and accept this prestigious honor. Instead, he's choosing to be petty and selfish.
09:04 AM on 04/13/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
After reading the whole thing, I don't think he's as much of a douche as I initially imagined. He still is, though. He's declining an offer to close the book on the old GNR for good, but in the best way possible for the fans and pretty much everyone. If that's what he wants to do, he shouldn't have turned this down.
04:59 PM on 04/14/12
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still don't entirely understand his reasoning. He babbled on and on so much that his point was completely lost on me.

Does a band that gets inducted have to perform? If he didn't want to perform with them, then I get it. But I thought you just had to go and accept a reward... and he seems to be at peace with pretty much everyone other than slash. Fucking rich adults can't suck it up for a day to receive the highest honor possible.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos