Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 127
08:46 PM on 04/18/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I don't know, it seems that SRC has been pretty honest about the situation. As soon as April 10th rolled around they offered everyone's money back two different ways. That's worlds above what MTS has done in the past and are currently doing about missing ship dates.
right, that was very honorable of them. But they should have known that was going to happen. It just looked bad for them to join forces with him and there are consequences to that.
08:49 PM on 04/18/12
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
08:55 PM on 04/18/12
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
I know SRC gets a lot of hate (and I'm sure some of it is justified) but they've never, ever done anything shady with my orders. Granted I didn't get TOYPAJ through them (I'm good with my Hot Topic repress) and because I knew what kind of shitshow MTS was pulling the last year.
08:56 PM on 04/18/12
hashbrowns
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaang.

bert looks high as a mofo.
09:00 PM on 04/18/12
roachguy1
@Boomersboro Did u say dick cream?
User Info.
Guys guys guys, SRC pressed fucking PARKs albums for us al (on time too)l, give em a break! those 2 albums alone give them a immunity period imo. As for RJ, ive been dealing with him since his get go and never had a single problem with him til TOYPAJ. Now its getting ridiculous, Buddy needs to take RJ and jack him up and demand control of the business over. Was a perfectly great label until this fuckup
09:00 PM on 04/18/12
sjb2k1
6-5, still in it baby!
User Info.
According to my cousin who is good friends with a guy who presses for Hot Topic, he's trying to get something together for a pressing coming in June. Other than that, I don't think I have ANY hope in this shitty situation.

EDIT: How do I go about a refund?
click this link and follow the instructions in the post
http://vinylcollective.proboards.com...page=1#1071729
09:05 PM on 04/18/12
topsecret
User Info.
Guys guys guys, SRC pressed fucking PARKs albums for us al (on time too)l, give em a break! those 2 albums alone give them a immunity period imo. As for RJ, ive been dealing with him since his get go and never had a single problem with him til TOYPAJ. Now its getting ridiculous, Buddy needs to take RJ and jack him up and demand control of the business over. Was a perfectly great label until this fuckup
It was never a "perfectly great label." They fucked up the majority of the releases. He used preorders to fund all the releases & still couldn't hit a release date to save his life. He probably wasted all the money signing shitty bands that haven't sold & hiring people like Buddy, his brother Andy Crowder-Schaefer, whoever the Ryan guy is, etc. This guy ran a repress label & thought he was legit w/ an office & everything. HA! But why am I laughing. He scammed me for $44 also.
09:07 PM on 04/18/12
cherrycokewhore
Registered Pokémon Trainer
User Info.
right, that was very honorable of them. But they should have known that was going to happen. It just looked bad for them to join forces with him and there are consequences to that.
Agreed 100%. It was a silly move.
09:08 PM on 04/18/12
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
MTS is apparently having an issue with the Such Gold 7" reissues too. I got mine luckily, but it still took way too long and now the band posted something earlier this week asking about all the people who didn't get theirs yet.
09:11 PM on 04/18/12
untitled94
User Info.
This is a bummer.
09:13 PM on 04/18/12
j1887m
J1887M
User Info.
Doesn't Buddy from Senses Fail work for MTS?
09:14 PM on 04/18/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.

I don't claim to know the details surrounding all this, but did they hook up with MTS before or after the first missed date? If it was before they were in the same boat as we all were trusting them.
09:16 PM on 04/18/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I don't claim to know the details surrounding all this, but did they hook up with MTS before or after the first missed date? If it was before they were in the same boat as we all were trusting them.
they hooked up with MTS like a month ago
09:21 PM on 04/18/12
topsecret
User Info.
Wrong. Shop Radio Cast & Mightier Than Sword have been in bed together since early 2011. http://vinylcollective.proboards.com...&page=1#965004

They took over the Vinyl Collective board at that time. No clue what the deal or arrangement was. MTS has been funneling records to SRC for months now. The same records that are being refunded to original buyers are being sold on SRC for twice the cost. As well as MTS funneling them repress colors of Dude Ranch, EOTS, The Ataris, Such Gold, etc. All in order to screw over the people RJ screwed over with this TOYPAJ release to begin with. RJ was so giving & caring w/ that 50% off coupon he gave to everyone in Dec. So much that he's actually screwed people that still bought stuff from his site after he stole the TOYPAJ money. Thankfully I wasn't that stupid to give this moron more money before he could deliver this release.

Edit: And its interesting that no one who worked or was associated w/ this clown has spoken out: Looking at you Buddy Nielsen, Andy Crowder-Schaefer (RJ's brother who worked for MTS/AFS & runs Slab-O-Wax Records), Jayme or James Gonzales aka headtowall (works for Universal Records & is/was RJ's butt buddy), Ryan Linn who was employed by MTS/AFS from Sept '11-March '12, intern Briana Boyd.
09:21 PM on 04/18/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.

Ah, in that case here's a big pile of fucks for everyone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos