Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
12:46 PM on 04/20/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For anyone interested, El Jefe posted an interesting comment on Dimestore Saints, implying that Handwritten will be released in September.

"Also, Handwritten is amazing... You are going to shit when you see what is coming. Logging off now for the next five months."

Also, prior to the release of American Slang and The '59 Sound, he posted lyrics to songs that hadn't been released yet.

Edit: A lot of shit is going down in the thread on DSS about Handwritten. So far, they've compiled a titles of 6/11 songs on the record: Biloxi Parish, Mae, 45", Here Comes My Man, Too Much Blood and Handwritten.
12:50 PM on 04/20/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
People on that forum are freaking out. I don't know if he just said 5 months for whatever reason or if he actually knows a release date.

If you are aware of anything confirmed, could you just tell me if it won't be coming out that late?
12:55 PM on 04/20/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From the notebook that is open, people have been able to read these lyrics:

"repeating, drop the needle again
oh but that ain't the way."

"let it out, let me in. take a hold of my hand."

"all these words: handwritten."

I'm pretty sure Brian won't be playing guitar on the next tour, instead focusing on singing, as he said Ian Perkins is now TGA's touring guitarist. Don't know if I am a fan of that but yeah.
02:06 PM on 04/20/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Or Ian could just be a 3rd guitar player. Jason white does it in green day, pat smear does it in foo fighters...both "front men" still play guitar
Hm. Interesting. Not a big Green Day or Foo Fighters fan; Does it add another element or are all the guitarists just playing less?
05:41 PM on 04/21/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is there any truth to this? If so, wow..
Brian not playing guitar live anymore is speculation. Ian Perkins is 100% playing with TGA on stage now, as confirmed by a twitter post. I'm too lazy to find it but look at TGA's twitter and someone asked the question and the answer was something like, "Official title is touring guitarist."

As stated by a few people earlier in this thread, they think that the band will just be a 5-piece with 3 guitarists. I can't imagine Brian just singing and jumping around, so I think this is most likely.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos