Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Albarn Sets Record Straight On Blur + Gorillaz

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (04/25/12)
Damon Albarn recently set the record straight on a previous article that claimed he said there would be no more Blur or Gorillaz.
From The Interview"No. That comes from an article which was an interesting take on a very long conversation. I dont know how well feel when we play Hyde Park. [As for Gorillaz] When Jamie Hewlett and I have worked out our differences, Im sure well make another record. Weve been through too much together for it to be that big of a mountain to climb. Weve just fallen out like mates do sometimes. Im not the only person to fall out with mates and then make up again everyone does it."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
05:15 AM on 04/25/12
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
phew, close call.
05:43 AM on 04/25/12
claw38
User Info.
05:43 AM on 04/25/12
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
thank god. Gorillaz WTF!
05:56 AM on 04/25/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Alright. Alright alright alright alright alright
06:16 AM on 04/25/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
So wait about 7 years?
06:30 AM on 04/25/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In the meantime, how about another 1000 pressings of "DoYaThing," except let most of them land stateside.

Deal? Deal.

Glad to hear Gorillaz will be back.
06:58 AM on 04/25/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
God this dude needs to just shut the fuck up.
07:21 AM on 04/25/12
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
thank sweet baby jesus
07:37 AM on 04/25/12
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
In the meantime, how about another 1000 pressings of "DoYaThing," except let most of them land stateside.

Deal? Deal.

Glad to hear Gorillaz will be back.

You should tweet that to Damon Albarn haha.
09:00 AM on 04/25/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Best news ever until Gorillaz announces their new record.
09:05 AM on 04/25/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
God this dude needs to just shut the fuck up.

"Some days I feel one way and other days I feel the other. If you don't see something as a career but an important part of your life, you don't know how you're going to feel about it."

Dude has every right to feel that way. Dont see why he needs to shut up.
09:13 AM on 04/25/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
"Some days I feel one way and other days I feel the other. If you don't see something as a career but an important part of your life, you don't know how you're going to feel about it."

Dude has every right to feel that way. Dont see why he needs to shut up.

I know you aren't stupid. There is a huge difference in being a guy saying one thing one day and saying something else the next. He has virtually millions of fans worldwide and on one day he said both of his most prolific musical outlets we done.

So, yeah, he needs to shut the fuck up/watch what he says. He's not Holly Hox, he's Damon fucking Alburn.

See the difference?
09:52 AM on 04/25/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
I know you aren't stupid. There is a huge difference in being a guy saying one thing one day and saying something else the next. He has virtually millions of fans worldwide and on one day he said both of his most prolific musical outlets we done.

So, yeah, he needs to shut the fuck up/watch what he says. He's not Holly Hox, he's Damon fucking Alburn.

See the difference?

Exactly. He's actually got people interested in what he has to say. Which is why he's approached by these people and asked these questions.

It just so happens that when he was previously asked about it his stance on it was different than what he felt when he was asked this time around it. It's not like he's going just lie about how he feels about it.

It's a different issue because he's not going on twitter or whatever to continuously talk about the issue while he keeps changing his mind. People are asking and he's answering.
09:57 AM on 04/25/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Exactly. He's actually got people interested in what he has to say. Which is why he's approached by these people and asked these questions.

It just so happens that when he was previously asked about it his stance on it was different than what he felt when he was asked this time around it. It's not like he's going just lie about how he feels about it.

It's a different issue because he's not going on twitter or whatever to continuously talk about the issue while he keeps changing his mind. People are asking and he's answering.

Right. But to say outright that those bands are finished...come on man. Use some brains/discretion. You can bet people around him are saying the same thing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests