AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
What best describes your encounters with infidelity?
Cheated on someone, been cheated on 24 12.90%
Cheated on someone, never been cheated on 20 10.75%
Never cheated on someone, been cheated on 61 32.80%
Never cheated on someone, never been cheated on 81 43.55%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

04:50 PM on 04/27/12 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
I think not only is it naive, but truly dogmatic, for people to say, "Oh, I would never even think twice about being with someone who cheated on me," as if it's some absolute rule. Like that the circumstances of the relationship itself, the circumstances of the cheating, the extent of the partner's remorse after cheating, and the feeling you felt toward your partner before their cheating mean nothing.
This though. My boyfriend has never "cheated" on me, but I caught him flirting with other girls online like half a year ago. And while that's not as serious as actually cheating it still hurt pretty bad. I didn't leave him though. Things like this aren't so black and white. We can't say we would never cheat on someone or we would never stay with someone who cheated because it hasn't happened yet and we just don't know.
11:07 PM on 04/27/12 
User Info.
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
oregon city
Female - 25 Years Old
cheating is just stupid. if you are unhappy enough to cheat, then man up and stop being a pussy and end your relationship.
12:15 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
12!21fightchoke
something witty
New Jersey
Female - 22 Years Old
You're not the other woman. You're just another. Another hobby for a guy like me!

I've actually been the other woman. Never cheated. And 99.9% sure I've never been cheated on.
08:17 PM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
Tautou107
drink liquid clocks til i see god
Female - 22 Years Old
i dated someone for 3 yrs and by the end of it he'd started dating someone else while we were still together, which hurt pretty bad, so i don't think i could ever do it. last year i was in this awkward situation with a guy i'd liked for a long time but who had a gf. he tried pursuing things with me while the two of them were still together and as much as i liked him, i could never go through with it. i suppose i can see the "thrill" of cheating/sneaking around but beyond that it's a pretty deplorable thing to do to someone who really cares for you.
08:56 PM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
cheating is just stupid. if you are unhappy enough to cheat, then man up and stop being a pussy and end your relationship.

Some people just want a boyfriend/ girlfriend with something extra on the side.

And those people are fucking awful.
12:01 AM on 04/29/12 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
Never cheated, also pretty sure I've never been cheated on. I was a third party to someone else's cheating, however, so... whatever that makes me.
12:38 AM on 04/29/12 
User Info.
makeshiftmind
Registered Member
Guelph, ON
Male - 23 Years Old
Never cheated, also pretty sure I've never been cheated on. I was a third party to someone else's cheating, however, so... whatever that makes me.

a pervert
06:47 AM on 04/29/12 
User Info.
Thesleepingwell
Didn't start the riot
Kent, UK
Male - 29 Years Old
The fact that the 'never cheated on someone, never been cheated on' is topping this poll, gives me some hope in humanity.
But why people need to do it is beyond me. I'm guessing that some people aren't always satisfied with what they have.
Stupid, really.
09:57 AM on 04/29/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 26 Years Old
It freaks me out how flippant people are in this thread about cheating. I cannot think of a bigger form of disrespect. If you want to mess around with multiple people, don't get into a relationship. Be single and play the field however you want. I would think that is common sense. Leave relationships to the people that understand what a commitment is and how to maintain one. If the people who can't control themselves stayed out of relationships, cheating would need not exist. We wouldn't be having a thread about who has done it or who has been affected by it.
11:18 AM on 04/29/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Haha oh lord, people are so holier than thou about this.

'Cause I've been there and it sucked.

There's no excuse for the pain it causes the other person when cheating. It is the worst form of betrayal.

Or WOman it up xD not just men who cheat

I've done worse, and I didn't initiate it so i don't feel bad.

Good luck having a healthy, long-lasting relationship with that kind of mentality/personality. Having absolutely no regard to what sort of pain you are giving to the person that is being cheated on kind of puts you at a bad start.
01:25 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
oregon city
Female - 25 Years Old
Some people just want a boyfriend/ girlfriend with something extra on the side.

And those people are fucking awful.
i agree. i have a friend who is cheating on his incredibly awesome girlfriend, and i told him if i tell her about it, it would be a service to humanity.
01:51 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Central New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
cheating is a weakness. If you dont want to be with someone or want to sleep around, man up and tell your significant other you want out. It is unreal how many people don't care if they hurt someone like that. There is no bigger slap in the face.
02:36 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Is cheating only sex? I went out to a club and this chick started "grinding." I'm sorry but I'm a boob guy so my hands moved by themselves to her knockers. I don't really feel bad, it's kinda like going to a strip club.

It was fun, but it's great going home to the girl you really like.
02:43 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
cheating is a weakness. If you dont want to be with someone or want to sleep around, man up and tell your significant other you want out. It is unreal how many people don't care if they hurt someone like that. There is no bigger slap in the face.

Agreed completely, 100%.

The whole "well, it didn't affect me, so I don't give a shit" mentality is just plain selfish.
04:45 PM on 05/01/12 
User Info.
Brian vs Shark
AP's biggest Mike Kinsella Fanboy
Cheated on, never cheated

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT