Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 47.
09:17 AM on 05/03/12
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
I know it's easy to be cynical about anything and have an overall lack of empathy when it comes to others (especially on the Internet), but I wouldn't be here if I didn't think there were tons of great users on this site.

I've found tons of music not just through the website news postings and reviews, but through the users. HollyHoX got me into Wood/Water by The Promise Ring when for some reason I had previously thought it wasn't any good.

When you know you can be wrong about things (easier said than done on the Internet), there's a ton of things you open yourself up to learning. That's how I like to think of it anyway.
09:32 AM on 05/03/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Because of the community, I have found a lot of bands I love that I never would've listened to in general.
Also, I have gone back and listened to cds that I wasn't too into, and they really grew on me the second time.
But, if there's a band I like I'm going to defend and promote them no matter what anyone else thinks.
09:46 AM on 05/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I know it's easy to be cynical about anything and have an overall lack of empathy when it comes to others (especially on the Internet), but I wouldn't be here if I didn't think there were tons of great users on this site.

I've found tons of music not just through the website news postings and reviews, but through the users. HollyHoX got me into Wood/Water by The Promise Ring when for some reason I had previously thought it wasn't any good.

When you know you can be wrong about things (easier said than done on the Internet), there's a ton of things you open yourself up to learning. That's how I like to think of it anyway.

Happy to read this. I love giving recs on this site but I usually don't because I think they go unnoticed.
09:53 AM on 05/03/12
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.
Stuff ive learned from being on AP.net boards (and something someone will take too seriously): The Staff is always right no matter what haha

In all serioussness, if it wasnt for this site i wouldnt have found out a ton of bands
09:58 AM on 05/03/12
Joey (J-Train)
elcochino
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have no friends who really listen to as much music as I do, so i hear about a lot of bands through this site and it's members, but I don't let their opinions sway me.
I very rarely read music reviews because I like to make my own decisions about music, and if I have never heard it before I like to have no preconceptions about it.
If someone says "Oh you like such and such, you should check out band A, you might like them" I'll always listen to it, and give an honest opinion.
This site made me reasise that everyone has their own opinions, and that everyone thinks their opinion is right...

This. 95% this.
10:19 AM on 05/03/12
mps
Smile In Regret
User Info.
I feel a lot of the community aspect of this site has moved away from music.
It's not come and talk to people who share the same musical taste anymore, it's more come and talk to people who are a lot like you. Same music, same films, same interests and activities and I think as a whole the majority of people are welcoming enough, to acknowledge or encourage any topic you may bring up.
No thread quite sticks to its original purpose. The €urokids is flooded with Americans, I've seen threads about bands turn into TV shows, the chat thread is always a great laugh.
Just because new people get abused, doesn't mean they're not accepted. In school, the older kids are always the cool kids, and this is the same here, only on AP you have the opportunity to become cool a lot faster, you just have to put up with a load of light hearted abuse, and give it back if you can!
n00b.
10:24 AM on 05/03/12
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
User Info.
How mean... I thought we were cool man haha Commence pointless internet fighting...
10:26 AM on 05/03/12
sosayweall
User Info.
Bring back scene points, please. Rename it hipster cred or something.
10:33 AM on 05/03/12
mps
Smile In Regret
User Info.
How mean... I thought we were cool man haha Commence pointless internet fighting...
10:44 AM on 05/03/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
I usually read reviews just out of curiosity. A lot of the time, I'll listen to a band without taking reviews into consideration. Everyone has different opinions.

I'm still really new to this site, so I haven't really had a chance to give anything a second look because of someone else. I have a feeling it's going to happen with The Wonder Years at some point, though. I've tried listening to Suburbia, but I just can't get into it, as blasphemous as that's going to sound.
11:37 AM on 05/03/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
1. I don't read reviews unless Greg or Jeremy wrote them.
2. Eda and Paul and Kyle are the only staffers who post music that's interesting 9 times out of 10.
3. There are only about 6 users who I'll listen to about music recommendations.
4. No review could ever sway my feelings about a band/album.
6. 99% of the time I can't stand the AP band of the moment.

Having said that, I always like discussing anything and everything. AP is a great way to distract myself from work if I need to. That's why you'll usually only see me posting during normal business hours. M-F.
Am I one of #3?
11:41 AM on 05/03/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I think most of the recs I take into account here are films and tv shows and stuff from the entertainment forum.
11:45 AM on 05/03/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I usually read reviews just out of curiosity. A lot of the time, I'll listen to a band without taking reviews into consideration. Everyone has different opinions.

I'm still really new to this site, so I haven't really had a chance to give anything a second look because of someone else. I have a feeling it's going to happen with The Wonder Years at some point, though. I've tried listening to Suburbia, but I just can't get into it, as blasphemous as that's going to sound.
Nah, I'm in the same boat when it comes to TWY. I think in principle I ought to really like them but I don't.
11:45 AM on 05/03/12
seanr91
User Info.
I am the ONLY one of my friends who has a mind of their own when it comes to music. I've used this site to have conversations with like minded and not so like minded people. It keeps me informed about all that is happening and that's what keeps me coming back for more.
11:51 AM on 05/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Duh. You should pm too. Got something to share.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS