AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Armor for Sleep News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Armor For Sleep Sells Out (Kidding)

Posted by - 06:27 PM on 10/23/07
Ben from Armor for Sleep posted a bulletin regarding their upcoming video for "Williamsburg". Read it below. A preview of the video can be seen in the replies.
Bulletin Hey slugs... so we got some pretty crazy news a couple days ago that we are very excited about and want to let you in on as well as give you the first sneak peek at it. As you may or may not know, we shot a video for "Williamsburg" about a month ago in LA. It was an amazing time and we had so much fun doing the whole thing. It came out better than we could have ever imagined, to say the least. Seriously, this thing rules. We were trying to think of the best place to premiere the video for you guys when MTV came a'knockin. As it turns out, the peeps over in MTV land got a hold of the video and thought it was awesome too and decided they wanted to give it a premiere on MTV and an all day premiere on MTV2 and MTVU on the 29th. ALSO, it will be premiered on TRL that day. Nuts. I never thought we would be on TRL, or that we were the type of band to BE on TRL, so we are all kind of wowed by it. I donít think of us as a boy band...or one that should be on the same countdown shared with such brilliant artists as *NSYNC and B. Spears, but its still going to be weird (and kind of awesome), to see our clever little faces up there! I know you guys have been there since the beginning for us, and if we combine forces, we can keep this video up there. And I think that would be awesome. On a lot of levels. Also, I just want to say thanks for making your lovely myspace pictures the picture of our record. It makes me really happy. If that counts for anything, then amen to that.
For a special sneak peek at the new video, go here!!
We have two special pre-orders for the new album now as well. Just head on over to the Sire Records store by clicking here. You can pre-order the album with an autographed, hand numbered lithograph with or without an exclusive Armor tote bag.
--
->-=-Ben

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
06:27 PM on 10/23/07
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
06:31 PM on 10/23/07
fulltiltxb00gie
Mamihlapinatapai.
User Info.
hm. seems like a boringish video..
06:44 PM on 10/23/07
ZoSo1886
www.twitter.com/jamesbenedictnj
User Info.
i love that these guys played my high school talent show in 2002 and now they are hopefully going to blow up
06:48 PM on 10/23/07
chiodos13
User Info.
So is this really coming out soon? or will we get a thread tomorrow saying its been postponed until 2010?
06:54 PM on 10/23/07
NJFILMCORE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A+ band BACKED
06:58 PM on 10/23/07
jwelborn
i'm detracting here.
User Info.
this is a very good song, im ready to see the video. and i dont understand why there are all of these trailers for these music videos now, its not a 2 hour movie, we don't need to see a trailer.
07:19 PM on 10/23/07
sdisticsquirrel
the prophet
User Info.
i think it's kinda funny that they are going to be on TRL...awesome band though...stoked for the new album

What To Do When You Are Dead was my favorite album for a long time when it first came out....(yea i guess i went through a bit of a depression phase or something), but anyway...this album needs to live up to very very high expectations and i think it will
07:19 PM on 10/23/07
Finch076
I don't actually listen to 'Finch'
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is a very good song, im ready to see the video. and i dont understand why there are all of these trailers for these music videos now, its not a 2 hour movie, we don't need to see a trailer.

haha. i agree. they should actually give us a LONGER trailer than the actual music video...that would shake things up a bit!
07:24 PM on 10/23/07
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
Armor is ready for big things I see
07:38 PM on 10/23/07
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
User Info.
their singer looks like Lunchforthesky Ben. kinda.
08:17 PM on 10/23/07
asmolitor
Resident Econ/Market/WI Nerd
User Info.
heh, i wonder how the "you will all die" chorus goes over with the TRL crowd.
08:18 PM on 10/23/07
asmolitor
Resident Econ/Market/WI Nerd
User Info.
So is this really coming out soon? or will we get a thread tomorrow saying its been postponed until 2010?

the album's out on the 30th, it already leaked... MTV wouldn't sign on to just a trailer video, etc... i'm pretty sure everything's happening now.
08:35 PM on 10/23/07
MoneyMaker
User Info.
good for them, hopefully its not just a lame performance video though
08:38 PM on 10/23/07
Magnus
Sleepyhead
User Info.
TRL :( don't want annoying preppy girls singing williamsburg. But its good for Armor For Sleep so I support it, and will vote for them :D

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos