Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 24
Displaying posts 345 - 358 of 358.
12:07 AM on 05/13/12
buttoned_up
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
CLARITY. I mean, I understand people saying Bleed American, but Futures? Clarity is the real classic in there.
Spiderland, I think will be one.
For Weezer, it's a toss up between Pinkerton and the Blue Album, I personally prefer the blue album.
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.
You're Living All Over Me.
Wishful thinking, but I would love to see The Swiss Army Romance and I Am The Movie remembered. IATM is crazy underrated.
And hey, what about Nothing Feels Good?
03:13 AM on 05/13/12
chriskeays123
I'm going home but my own way
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think it is definitely hard to decide something like this considering how much more music is out there nowadays. i feel like most bands, at least out of this scene will be forgotten by most and cherished by the select few who have come to know them forever. If i had to pick the bands that i would like to see as classics it would be circa survive, brand new, and andrew mcmahon's work in soco and jack's mannequin. they might not seem to hold water in this conversation topic to everyone, but i certainly have seen all three of them as big game changers in the music industry of our time and i know ill look back in 30 years and remember how much they influenced me in what i listen to now and hope to find in the future. i'd also have to add tbs in this list as one of the best singalong bands of all time
05:51 AM on 05/14/12
RJensen28
User Info.
My mind instantly went to Dookie as the Green Day classic, but you're right - in the long run, American Idiot will likely be the one that's remembered.
Which is really unfortunate, because I can't stand any Green Day from American Idiot and up. I hate that what I consider mainstream garbage is what most people are gonna remember, like everything Nickelback has created ever.
05:59 AM on 05/14/12
RJensen28
User Info.
OK Computer is really the only record I can say with confidence. Far more significant than Kid A.

As much as I love the music in this scene, I don't know if much any of it will be culturally or musically relevant in 2040. Maybe Transatlanticism. Deja Entendu and Full Collapse in inner circles.
I think Plans will be more popular than Transatlanticism.
06:06 AM on 05/14/12
RJensen28
User Info.
As far as picking albums go, it can be hard. With an artist like Kanye West, who's entire discography is phenomenal and, in my opinion, classic, time will decide which records get the most notoriety. So I'll only list artists. Also, I think a lot of albums from the 90s have started to be seen as records that will stand the test of time, so I think I'll look towards albums released from 2000-today.

Kanye West
John Mayer
Radiohead
Death Cab for Cutie
OutKast
Jay-Z (Specifically the Blueprint)
Coldplay
Lady Gaga
Justin Timberlake
Manchester Orchestra
Ryan Adams
Green Day
Foo Fighters
blink-182
Between the Buried and Me
Arcade Fire

and I don't know, at this point I'm just listing artists. I tried to go for a combination of recognition now, and quality of the albums produced.
I have so much respect for you for posting BtBAM in here. They are my all time favorite.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests