Username
Password

08:19 PM on 05/15/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Shut Your Mouths While I'm Talking
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Some people are saying the bigger bands will play Congress and others are saying there will break down the stage into two and have the smaller bands play there.

Anyone have any ideas?

just buy a 3 day pass....$90 is a steal....
08:31 PM on 05/15/12 
User Info.
kidinthebushes
Downers Grove, IL
Male
just buy a 3 day pass....$90 is a steal....

I plan on it. I just want to know if the headliners are playing Congress or not.
08:35 PM on 05/15/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Shut Your Mouths While I'm Talking
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
I plan on it. I just want to know if the headliners are playing Congress or not.

i emailed the promoter...they're not all at the congress. he says that it'll be spread out.
08:36 PM on 05/15/12 
User Info.
Pokinatcha Punk
No Avatar Selected
Chicago, IL
Male - 29 Years Old
Some people are saying the bigger bands will play Congress and others are saying there will break down the stage into two and have the smaller bands play there.

Anyone have any ideas?

I would bet it will be more like a regular show with some bigger band headlining. I am pretty confident of this.
08:44 PM on 05/15/12 
User Info.
kidinthebushes
Downers Grove, IL
Male
i emailed the promoter...they're not all at the congress. he says that it'll be spread out.

Weird. Well, I'll be buying a 3 day pass regardless.

Thanks.
09:40 PM on 05/15/12 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
I don't know why people are assuming the bigger bands announced aren't playing the "festival" --- That makes absolutely no sense to me. The 2 day tickets are billed and sold with the names of all the bands on the poster minus Offspring.
10:24 PM on 05/15/12 
User Info.
Jigglypuff
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't know why people are assuming the bigger bands announced aren't playing the "festival" --- That makes absolutely no sense to me. The 2 day tickets are billed and sold with the names of all the bands on the poster minus Offspring.

Thank you. Plus they are selling individual tickets only for dates in the parks...obviously there are going to be bigger bands there too or else no one would buy the single day tickets.
04:43 AM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 21 Years Old
No one has brought this up, congress can only hold like 4,500, so either the three day passes sell out at that or they are turning away some people at congress
05:49 AM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Pokinatcha Punk
No Avatar Selected
Chicago, IL
Male - 29 Years Old
No one has brought this up, congress can only hold like 4,500, so either the three day passes sell out at that or they are turning away some people at congress

I honestly don't believe that they are going to sell that many 3 day passes. I mean, say that they do and everyone that has one decides to go to the same aftershow (other than the Congress one), they would end up with thousands of really angry people. I'm pretty confident that they aren't selling that many 3 day passes and they are going to sell 3 day tickets for the Friday Congress show and I wouldn't be surprised if they opened up the secret show at the congress for people to come and pay at the door or something.
06:30 AM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
KevBlu42
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah, my guess is they only sell something like 1,000-2,000 3-day passes and open up the Opening Night Congress show to one-day buyers whenever those 3-days sell out. Some of the other aftershows will be at much smaller venues so I'm sure they don't want to anger a bunch of people they'd have to turn away at a big secret show or something.
08:40 AM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Pokinatcha Punk
No Avatar Selected
Chicago, IL
Male - 29 Years Old
I realize there are still more bands to announce, but I'm curious who everyone is excited about/plans on seeing. Doing this reminded me how awesome this line up is because I was going through the lineup and realizing I would watch most of the bands on there and am really excited for a lot of them. Luckily, Riot Mike said in an interview that bands should only overlap by about 10-15 minutes and so you should be able to see everybody you want, although maybe not everyone's full set.

Definitely: Iggy, Offspring, Slapstick, Fishbone, Elvis Costello, Descendents, LTJ, DKM, Frank Turner, A Wilhelm Scream, Off With Their Heads, Larry and His Flask, Rise Against, Reverend Horton Heat

Maybe: Coheed, NoFX (only because I've seen them a few times and am seeing them again next week already), Alk3, Gaslight Anthem, GWAR, Teenage Bottlerocket, Deals Gone Bad
11:25 AM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 21 Years Old
Well I can't go on Saturday so ill probably miss some of these, but
Must See
-A Day To Remember
-The Offspring
-The Story So Far
-Coheed And Cambria

Maybe See
-Rise Against
-Chiodos
-August Burns Red
-Dropkick Murphys
-Awolnation
01:33 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
KevBlu42
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Rise Against is playing Saturday.

ADTR is playing Sunday.
02:57 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
Downers Grove, IL
Male - 21 Years Old

ADTR is playing Sunday.

Is adtr headlining a stage?
05:04 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
kidinthebushes
Downers Grove, IL
Male

ADTR is playing Sunday.

Where did you see that about Rise Against?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos