AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Placebo Drummer Leaves Band

Posted by - 05:28 AM on 11/01/07
Placebo have parted ways with drummer Steve Hewitt due to "personal and musical differences". You can read an official statement in the replies.

Submitted by sell the sunris

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
05:28 AM on 11/01/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Official statement:

Placebo have parted company with drummer of 11 years, Steve Hewitt, due to personal and musical differences.

Brian Molko commented "Being in a band is very much like being in a marriage, and in couples - in this case a triple - people can grow apart over the years. To say that you don't love your partner anymore is inaccurate, considering all that you've been through and achieved together. There simply comes a point when you realize that you want different things from your relationship and that you can no longer live under the same roof, so to speak."

The split is amicable and a sad time for both parties. Steve Hewitt replaced Robert Schultzberg behind the drum kit in 1996 whilst the band were promoting Placebo’s eponymous debut album and went on to record the following 4 studio albums ‘Without You I’m Nothing’, ‘Black Market Music’, ‘Sleeping With Ghosts’ and most recently ‘Meds’.

Placebo have just returned from the USA where they were part of the high profile ‘Projekt Revolution Tour’ alongside Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. The band are now taking a well earned break.

Brian Molko and Stefan Olsdal will begin work on Placebo’s 6th studio album next Spring and are in no rush to find an immediate replacement for Steve.
06:48 AM on 11/01/07
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
Damn, that's crazy...it was just the 3 of them forever. 11 years is a long time.
07:09 AM on 11/01/07
Shin Akuma
SOULTHROW
User Info.
that sucks .. he was an excellent drummer ...
07:13 AM on 11/01/07
tommyhaych
Mayor West
User Info.
Damn, that's crazy...it was just the 3 of them forever. 11 years is a long time.

I know.. it must have been such a tough decision to make, especially being that they were a 3 piece.
08:19 AM on 11/01/07
sell the sunris
..is Batman
User Info.
I was really bummed to hear this. Placebo's long been one of my all-time favorite bands adn even though Brian's the voice and the first person I think of when Placebo's brought up, they were still a band, you know? It wasn't like NIN or something where it was JUST Brian and these two guys.
08:57 AM on 11/01/07
anamericangod
User Info.
I wonder who they'll replace him with. At least it wasn't Stefan, that guy is so amazing.
09:13 AM on 11/01/07
gillygtv
__
User Info.
oldish news no?
09:40 AM on 11/01/07
sell the sunris
..is Batman
User Info.

Like 15 days. I submitted it Tues cause no one ever brought it up here. Placebo doesn't get much love :(
09:48 AM on 11/01/07
wellyeahmakeme
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

i was going to say that too ... happened exactly a month ago.
09:57 AM on 11/01/07
Sipping Purple
User Info.
fuck
10:31 AM on 11/01/07
serpent_sky
misanthropic lycanthrope
User Info.
I wonder what the real difference was.

I honestly didn't like the last record, and I have been a fan of the band since their first came out. Maybe he had similar feelings. Maybe Projekt Revolution was too much of a drain. They're not in their 20s anymore.....
10:37 AM on 11/01/07
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
A friend with weed is better.
10:40 AM on 11/01/07
skinnypuppy
Jon Hughes
User Info.
someone call Josh Freese.
11:20 AM on 11/01/07
Silver Bullets