Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 21 of 21
11:32 PM on 06/08/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Absolutely. I feel like this is what the logical progression of their sound should have been after hollow crown.
I'll check it out then! The only issue I had with Hollow Crown was the production.
07:40 AM on 06/09/12
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Loved this record.
09:31 AM on 06/09/12
TheRicochet
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Some good key points here but for a band that doesn't particuarly sound like Underoath to have this many comparisons to them, makes a bad review.
09:39 AM on 06/09/12
drummer13
verbthenounofficial.bandc amp.com
User Info.
Personally I would've rated it at something in the 80% range, and the Underoath references are a little off base, but I guess that's why it's called an opinion. This album is almost on par with Bring Me the Horizon's "There is a Hell (etc., etc.)" to me, which to anyone who hasn't listened to yet, is an absolutely fantastic album. It makes up for everything else they've done. I can't wait to see where Architects goes next.
12:12 AM on 06/13/12
rushour144
User Info.
After listening it to a week straight, I honestly don't understand the 69%. I am usually not one to challenge ratings, but this is all wrong in my opinion. I feel that this album combines the best elements of both Hollow Crown and The Here and Now, while showing off just how talented they are as musicians. The guitar work is insane (see Outsider Heart), the drumming is phenomenal (see Outsider Heart as well haha), the lyrics are really cool, the screaming singing balance is much more appropriate, in regards to their last album, and overall just a solid album.

I feel that they strayed too far from their sound on The Here and Now, and so they wanted to make up for that...hence the short notice. I don't think the quick release hindered any of these songs in the least bit.

Anyways, that's where I stand. I respect your review, just think that the rating was a tad off. But have no clue where you are hearing underOath in ANY way...
12:13 AM on 06/13/12
rushour144
User Info.
Personally I would've rated it at something in the 80% range, and the Underoath references are a little off base, but I guess that's why it's called an opinion. This album is almost on par with Bring Me the Horizon's "There is a Hell (etc., etc.)" to me, which to anyone who hasn't listened to yet, is an absolutely fantastic album. It makes up for everything else they've done. I can't wait to see where Architects goes next.
Yea, I don't get the underOath reference at all. This sounds nothing like UO ESPECIALLY post They're only chasing safety UO.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos