Username
Password
All Time Low News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
All Time Low
Inside AP.net

All Time Low Discuss Relationship with Interscope

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/14/12)
All Time Low discussed a lot on the Gunz Show yesterday, including their relationship with Interscope Records last year and their new album. A piece of the interview can be seen below, but you can check out the whole thing here.
From the InterviewIt was just one of those textbook situations where we signed, we had the record done, and then one thing led to another. First they had to gear up for a [Lady] Gaga release, so we got pushed back, and then they had like a whole firing and re-staffing moment, so we didnít want to release without a team behind it, so it got pushed back again. It was a really frustrating moment for us, but it happens and it was completely out of our control, which was unfortunate, because I think that was a solid record and it definitely lost a bit of steam because of all the stuff Interscope was going through.

Itís for sure a progression, but there are elements of what we used to do sprinkled through. Like I said before, this time around I tried to get rid of the idea of using genre influences and time period influences like I have in the past. Iíve written songs when I was like, ďAlright, I really want this to sound 90′s,Ē or whatever. This time in the writing process and the creative process, it was really more like figuring out the best elements of what we used to do, and kind of tapping into all of those things so you get this really cool mix. It definitely has some pop on there Ė Iíd say itís a pop rock record overall. We have these pounding songs as well that harken back to the pop punk days for sure. Itís this really cool blend. You get the old and the new in a really nice package, I think.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 57
09:47 AM on 06/14/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Crossing fingers
09:50 AM on 06/14/12
tonyfan
User Info.
Crossing fingers +1
09:51 AM on 06/14/12
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
He thinks that Dirty Work was a "solid record"?
09:52 AM on 06/14/12
mikenewsbears
Bad News Bears / Mike
User Info.
After reading that quote, it doesn't seem as though they have any direction in what they wanted to achieve during their writing process. Especially when the last line states, "I think."

Whatever happened to picking up a guitar and writing whatever comes out instead of being something you think you're should be, or better yet what your label wants you to be?
10:17 AM on 06/14/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
This does not give me hope for a decent record. This sounds like it's going to be Dirty Work pt. 2 with a little bit more "Guts" and a little less "I Feel Like Dancin'."

I really want them to like this band again, they're all great guys with some awesome songs under their belt, but I haven't been into anything of their's since Nothing Personal.
10:21 AM on 06/14/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I wonder where they'll end up signing. Epitaph would be outside the box but not out of the question.
10:23 AM on 06/14/12
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
This
10:24 AM on 06/14/12
esposimi
H.E. Pennypacker
User Info.
Gaga does it again!
10:28 AM on 06/14/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Can't wait to see how this opens up and really looking forward to the other songs.
10:31 AM on 06/14/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Yea. a lot of people are going to be uneasy about him saying "I’d say it’s a pop rock record overall", and to be honest, I wish itd be more "rock" or "pop-punk" as well, but I have faith this record will kick ass. Ive liked/loved every record and im excited to see how Alex and Mike blended the old and new All Time Low together.

Alex said that he went back revisited the old ATL records and tried to take what he liked about the old stuff and blended in with the new. Once again I think this record will kick ass. I think itll be more cohesive than Dirty Work and overall just a better album. Maybe a less cheesey pop rock Nothing Personal with sprinkles of SWIR and PUOSU. Im assuming less than half of the album will be pop-punk friendly, so a lot of people on here will still hate it.

Lastly, Im glad Avron is mixing it. He did a great job with Dirty Work among his other unforgettable records. Love Mike Greens work, but I still wish Neal and Alex would do a record together. i think itd be amazing.
10:32 AM on 06/14/12
MoshMerch
I'll Always Feel Like a Kid Inside
User Info.

This all day
10:48 AM on 06/14/12
notetoself343
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dirty worked sucked, way to over produced in my opinion
10:48 AM on 06/14/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Fingas crozzed
10:49 AM on 06/14/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
The thing that interests me is the mixing of old and new ATL--this could end up REALLY REALLY good. Reckless and the Brave is great song.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums