AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Kamikaze Kings - 06.14.12

Kamikaze Kings - 06.14.12

Interviewed by
Kamikaze Kings - 06.14.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Kamikaze Kings

www.kamikazekings.de
www.facebook.com/KamikazeKings
www.youtube.com/KamikazeKingsChannel
www.twitter.com/kamikazekings
www.reverbnation.com/kamikazekings
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112383111578466190439

1. How did you get your band name?

I tend to say that it was given to us. A gift from above. We are kings without crowns. This band name really came out of the blue. All of a sudden it was there and we feel entitled to use this name for our band. It expresses our lifestyle and the state of our mindset. We have the courage and the stamina to conquer the world with our music…and we do it Kamikaze style.

2. How did this band get started?

It was fate. I consider myself very lucky having found Kev, Randy and Rais. We started out about two years ago in Berlin. We got together to celebrate our vision that we have for Heavy Metal and Rock 'n' Roll. The band is my family. We are very close.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

I would say we are inspired by certain bands rather than influenced. We do not copy anyone or fake it. We are raised on Metal and Rock 'n' Roll. Ever since I heard the first Metal song as a boy I was hooked by the sheer power and energy. I knew back then: this is what I want to do, this is what I need.

4.If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

I would love to tour with Doro, Iron Maiden, Accept or Motörhead. All of these bands stand for great live shows and released strong, heavy and innovative albums throughout their long lasting careers. I really respect them and of course they have a tremendous following.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Well, I have to stay fit and in shape. That´s why I always have nuts and protein bars in one of my bags. But it isn´t that easy to maintain a healthy nutrition while being on tour. Nasty junk food makes me sick and sometimes the catering comes straight out of hell. Last time I found a leash in the pasta they served us.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We are the best Metal entertainment you can get nowadays. Who is left? Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Ozzy and Lemmy won´t be around forever. Think about it! I love them from the bottom of my heart but someone must take over. We worship all the classic bands and respect the traditions and we do it our way, the Kamikaze way.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Mike Tyson. He knows how to party. It would be nice to lose control and freak out sometimes. He still doesn´t give a damn. No regrets. Dennis Rodman is also cool. He is broke though. But I guess he had fun while making a lot of money and wasting it on drugs and hookers. Fantastic!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

I would thank all of the fans, our beloved, little bastards, and all of the people who support us. We always have great crowds and get a lot of enthusiastic response. This keeps us going and motivates us to go on and on and on. This is the reason why we play music.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

No fees or taxes on concert tickets. Low prices attract more people. Reasonable prices would ensure a stable income for many musicians who tour a lot. In Germany the ticket prices have risen over the years because of the German tax system. Many fans cannot afford tickets anymore and bands are often accused of being greedy but it is the German law that dictates the prices for big venues and insurance companies also earn a lot.

10. Memorable tour experience?

We played in a small German city called Weimar and the whole audience went nuts right from the start of the concert. It was incredible! I couldn´t believe it! We had stage divers and sometimes they sang so loud I didn´t hear myself anymore. I was really overwhelmed by their response and had tears in my eyes. We played seven encores and had the time of our lives.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

I think it´s a great source and also love the slogan: music mends broken hearts. So true! I really relate to that. Music saves lives. I can spend hours on this site. I always discover something new and it provides me with current information.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

I love to play “Fat Slut”. It shakes your blood. What a great live song! But it depends on the mood I am in: “I rule the night” is a great opener and if I am in the mood to groove “Going wild” is the perfect song to shake your booty.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

I would like to stay on tour for the rest of my life. I am a gypsy. I get nervous if I stay in one place for too long. Anyway, I don´t need a vacation. I love what I do and I love being on the road. I also wouldn´t know what to do if I went somewhere to spend some time. I am only interested in music. Maybe I would prefer going to festivals such as Wacken or Party San.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Honestly, the band Gorefest reminds me of my childhood. I remember listening to their album “False” a lot with my brother. I got in touch with heavy music at an early age. I loved and worshipped Carcass as a kid. I was a very strange kid though.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

I wish I could exist without sleep. There is so much work to do. I am always busy, always in a hurry. It would be great if I just needed a set of batteries a day to keep me going.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

I pray and put on Makeup. I pray for a good show and energy to inspire and entertain the crowd. Rituals help me getting focused and calm me down. I transform myself into my stage persona by putting on Makeup and getting dressed for the show. I am not a religious but a spiritual person. Getting in touch with my higher power is a way to free myself from limitations and expectations. Every show should be an unique experience: for the fans as well as for me.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I don´t drink and I quit smoking. I don´t like drugs. What can I say? The music is my drug of choice. Most people think that I party hard all of the time. They are shocked when they find out how boring and restricted my every day life is.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Some radio stations approached me and they made “The LAW” album of the year 2011 although it hasn´t been released yet. It is great. I love to do radio interviews. It is great fun. Some radio shows are very funny and informative. I have friends who run a web radio. So I am really into all this stuff.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

I work out and write lyrics. I use my spare time for getting prepared for the shows, organizing video shootings or working on covers and pictures. Kamikaze Kings is my life.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Well, I am a trained actor. I used to act in theatre plays a lot. I was very passionate. I had to make a choice and I chose the music. Acting is nice. But nothing comes close to the intensity of a Rock 'n' Roll live show.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests