Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

Chapel Club Release New Material

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (06/27/12)
Chapel Club has released four new tracks from their forthcoming album, Good Together, for streaming here. You can also grab a free download of new single "Sleep Alone" on their official website. The band has also given some information on their change of musical direction which can be read in the replies.
From The Statement"These four songs (like the album entire) are pretty different from our old stuff, and we realise that may disappoint some of our fans. We didn't aim to mess with anyone's hopes or expectations, but we also knew we couldn't keep doing this if we had to spend another 18 months writing and playing The Big Music. We formed and were signed so quickly that we never really talked about what kind of band we wanted to be. So while it was amazing that lots of people embraced the music, and while we knew it had its strengths, we also knew we wanted to approach the second record in a different spirit."

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
06:06 AM on 06/27/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
From The BandHello.

It's been a long, long, long time since last we met. By which I mean when last we played a gig (October 2011) or released a single (May 2011).

In the meantime, you might have kept up with our adventures in London and Los Angeles via Facebook or Twitter. But on the music front we've been pretty quiet. And now we dare to rock up on the universal doorstep of the internet and just presume our old friends will be happy to see us?

Well, yeah, I guess. But to offset any potential offence, we come bearing gifts.

Today we launch the first single from the forthcoming second album. The song is called Sleep Alone and the album is called Good Together. From today, you can download Sleep Alone for FREE via our Soundcloud page. And for a limited time, you can also hear three other tracks from the next record - Jenny Baby (which is about J.Lo), Scared (which is about growing up and feeling permanently rattled) and Good Together (which is about making up, breaking up and dancing it all out to the point where none of it much matters anymore).

These four songs (like the album entire) are pretty different from our old stuff, and we realise that may disappoint some of our fans. We didn't aim to mess with anyone's hopes or expectations, but we also knew we couldn't keep doing this if we had to spend another 18 months writing and playing The Big Music. We formed and were signed so quickly that we never really talked about what kind of band we wanted to be. So while it was amazing that lots of people embraced the music, and while we knew it had its strengths, we also knew we wanted to approach the second record in a different spirit.

This time around we wanted to create something fresh, for us as much as everyone else - something bright and playful and surprising. Looking back, the first record was kind of a comedown record, whether coming down from a drug or a relationship or the hopes of your youth or whatever. And I guess at some point I realised that, while I was singing like it was all over, actually it wasn't; it was just beginning. (Whatever 'it' may be.) So this time the band decided that, whatever the emotional direction of a song or a lyric - even if it was about feeling sad or scared or confused - we'd try to turn those feelings into something more active and productive than a grandiose whinge. That's what lots of my favourite pop songs do, and Good Together is above all else a pop record. It feels strangely thrilling to say that.

So anyway, this is your first taste of the new album. The record has touches of the old romance and melancholia, of course, but much more colour and energy and fizz and sparkle besides (at least, it does to my ears). It also has songs you can dance to: finally some CC songs you can dance to! I've been waiting for that since before the band had a name.

But this is really for you to discover and decide for yourself, if you're even interested. Thanks for bearing with me through this explanatory guff; it soothes the nerves of 'the team' to know people can find answers to at least some of their questions. For any other enquiries, insults or just general chit-chat, feel free to shout us at Twitter.com/chapelclub or on the Facebook page.

Lots of love,

Lewis x
06:50 AM on 06/27/12
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
User Info.
What do you reckon to this Kyle? It's so different I haven't managed to get my head around it just yet. Think I'll like it soon.
07:04 AM on 06/27/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
What do you reckon to this Kyle? It's so different I haven't managed to get my head around it just yet. Think I'll like it soon.
Yeah same really, the further the tracks played I really dug the sound, but only had one listen through of each so far. I really really liked "Good Together" most though I think, even despite its length.
07:30 AM on 06/27/12
Deadbolt01
soundcloud.com/dellauk
User Info.
Not sure theyre gonna get very popular doing this but I respect them for doing it.
07:37 AM on 06/27/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Yeah, although seems pretty much totally positive feedback from press and fans alike so far.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests