didn't do myself any favors there

Sad day.
06:52 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 25 Years Old
Did you study history? Or do you just enjoy it?
07:44 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
Both. I'm minoring in it. And it's my love.
09:19 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
Keri
There was a history thread at some point, but I don't remember it lasting very long.

But I would love to talk about history here. It's part of my major, I enjoy it so much.
09:20 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 25 Years Old
Sweet! yeah I enjoyed it but I could never be an archivist or do historical research. I took a class that was all about that my second to last semester in school and it convinced me I wasn't cut out for historical research. What are your areas of interest?

Also, we're so cool and so is this thread.
09:32 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
Keri
You mean areas as far as career-wise? My mom thinks I should major in history, but I feel like I'd end up teaching, and I don't want to teach. Historical research sounds really interesting, but I'm not sure I would want to do that either.

As for subjects, I have so many favorite topics, but my absolute favorite would have to be the Enlightenment. World and western civilization rule too (which are super broad, I know). I like pretty much everything but America past 1900 and naval history. Never cared for history of the seas.
08:01 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
Omg other history nerds! You are all awesome!

I love a lot of history but I specialize in Euro/American history. I want to learn more Caribbean history tho.

My historical guilty pleasures are the French Revolution and the Tudor period, haha.
08:02 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
Sweet! yeah I enjoyed it but I could never be an archivist or do historical research. I took a class that was all about that my second to last semester in school and it convinced me I wasn't cut out for historical research. What are your areas of interest?

Also, we're so cool and so is this thread.

09:36 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
magicrat85
ThankYou, but, I know I am right
sunshine state
Male - 28 Years Old
what parts of history do you enjoy
09:44 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
what parts of history do you enjoy
there's a lot I enjoy (middle-eastern dynasties, african civilizations, certain european conquests). Lately I've been really interested in the development of post-enlightenment European culture. Specifically in relations to race and eugenics and how it seems so closely intertwined with the rise of capitalism. I really think the start of the great wars is interesting as it seems so vague and never properly taught.

All I know of the start of WWI was MAINE.
09:54 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
Keri
there's a lot I enjoy (middle-eastern dynasties, african civilizations, certain european conquests). Lately I've been really interested in the development of post-enlightenment European culture. Specifically in relations to race and eugenics and how it seems so closely intertwined with the rise of capitalism. I really think the start of the great wars is interesting as it seems so vague and never properly taught.

All I know of the start of WWI was MAINE.

This is interesting. What happened to your eugenics thread? I went looking for it, but couldn't find it. I never did post anything like I said I would. It's such a taboo subject, I was nervous about what to say.
09:57 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
Keri
Middle-Eastern dynasties are fascinating, especially during the Islamic Golden Age. The amount of growth during that period is so great to learn about.
10:12 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
magicrat85
ThankYou, but, I know I am right
sunshine state
Male - 28 Years Old
I am a fan of american revelution history. I took before 1865 and it was a phenominal course

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets