Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 76
01:50 PM on 07/11/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Joke's on you for listening to top 40 radio.
No
02:04 PM on 07/11/12
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Not really when bands like Gotye, fun., Of Monsters & Men, and Neon Trees are some of the artists in heavy rotation. Sure, Top 40 radio still blasts shitty pop stars and horrible mainstream rap, but you'd be stupid to think the definition of a popular song today isn't broadening.

Nobody is asking Pete Wentz to do EDM...I think it's obviously even Island isn't asking for it if they have him doing an EP instead of an album. At worst, this is a vanity project.
Skrillex has, up until this point, released only EPs. EDM, even though I think it showcases a lot of things that are wrong with music today, is paving the way for how pop will be presented in the future. I believe most rising pop artists will only release EPs in the matter of a few years since a large majority of pop listeners only buy the single or a few songs from an album.

To say this is a cash grab for Pete is a little too harsh. I'd say it's a pretty easy side project for him, that's for sure. Straight up EDM isn't radio popular, but it is still massively popular amongst the 18-25 year old demo and relatively easy to garner respect in if you have the right equipment and ear for trends.
02:15 PM on 07/11/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
is this Pete's Cobra Starship?
02:27 PM on 07/11/12
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
Hah! A Guns and Roses reference! That's hilarious! It seems that Pete Wentz has given up trying to go back to the time when he was cool and has instead just decided to pretend it's still the 90s like most pop-punk bands these days.

What in the fuck are you talking about? I swear to god I hate this band, but I can't tell if you're making fun of them or what. That was one of the most nonsensical things I have ever read.
02:35 PM on 07/11/12
pennie
GOONER
User Info.
wth? i thought this band had a female vocalist? where are the vocals? what is this? my whole brain is crying.
02:36 PM on 07/11/12
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.

STFU
02:48 PM on 07/11/12
Sfudgie1985
User Info.
02:54 PM on 07/11/12
neo506
thy foes profanely rage
User Info.
wth? i thought this band had a female vocalist? where are the vocals? what is this? my whole brain is crying.
She left in Jan to do solo stuff
02:57 PM on 07/11/12
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
is this Pete's Cobra Starship?
No this is more like Pete taking a dump and selling it to people stupid enough to buy it.
03:10 PM on 07/11/12
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
User Info.
oh of course, pop music is definitley using the style lately. but you still don't hear Skrillex or Deadmau5 on the radio
In Vegas, we have a station called Jelli Pop and it's all Skrillex and other dance stuff.
03:13 PM on 07/11/12
Fame<Infamy
idkiguess.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Pretty sure I remember Pete saying that he was writing lyrics from his own perspective for the first time since Infinity On High for this EP and that they were going to be very personal. That 'teaser' pretty much killed my hopes that this could be good.
03:19 PM on 07/11/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What in the fuck are you talking about? I swear to god I hate this band, but I can't tell if you're making fun of them or what. That was one of the most nonsensical things I have ever read.
I am making fun of the band, specifically the fact that the album title is quite clearly intended to parody Guns 'n' Roses double album Use Your Illusion, released in the 90s, then equating that to Pete Wentz's frequent efforts to remain relevant (go back in time to when he was still cool) and make the comment suggesting that he has decided to go back even further in time, to the 90s, when making fun of Guns 'n' Roses was cool. If you want, I can be more specific.
03:29 PM on 07/11/12
Fame<Infamy
idkiguess.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I am making fun of the band, specifically the fact that the album title is quite clearly intended to parody Guns 'n' Roses double album Use Your Illusion, released in the 90s, then equating that to Pete Wentz's frequent efforts to remain relevant (go back in time to when he was still cool) and make the comment suggesting that he has decided to go back even further in time, to the 90s, when making fun of Guns 'n' Roses was cool. If you want, I can be more specific.
You're an idiot.
03:41 PM on 07/11/12
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good to know. How come?
03:44 PM on 07/11/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
In Vegas, we have a station called Jelli Pop and it's all Skrillex and other dance stuff.
well yeah, almost everything has dedicated radio stations somewhere in the nation, but that's obviously not what i was talking about

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos