Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Favorite Holiday Songs--Your Thoughts

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (12/06/07)
The holiday season is upon us and that means the annual AP.net Christmas Song List is starting up again. It currently contains hundreds of songs that are meant to spread the holiday cheer.

There are thousands of holiday songs in existence, from big names artists like Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You” and U2’s “It’s Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” to the lesser-known Sense Field’s “Happy Christmas (War is Over)” and Watashi Wa’s “Wonderful”. Music has to power to change moods and this particular genre of music is no different; it’s hard to hear any cheery holiday song and not be put in a good mood.

For that reason, today we want to know—what is your favorite holiday song? Is it a traditional Christmas song like Copeland’s “Do You Hear What I Hear?” or is it a song that utilizes the idea of Christmas but doesn’t necessarily share the same values of the traditional ones like New Found Glory’s “Ex-Miss”? How about one of the many Hanukkah-themed songs like Adam Sandler’s “The Hanukkah Song” or, well…I guess that’s really it.

What’s your favorite holiday song and why? Is it because of a certain feeling you get from the song or is there a particular memory tied to the song? Share your memories and spread some holiday cheer with the members of AP.net!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 128
07:15 AM on 12/06/07
GirlsNoGood
Listen to Cassino
User Info.
Snowed In - Hanson
Only the best Christmas album everrr.

My family and I just put up all the decorations last night, loved it. We also had the first snow.. no accumulation, but still an excitement for Richmond.
07:15 AM on 12/06/07
Adrian Villagomez
The Sword the Anvil the Stone
User Info.
Adam Sandler’s “The Hanukkah Song” is rad. My favorite non-traditional X-mas song is "I Won't Be Home for Christmas" by blink-182 though.
07:17 AM on 12/06/07
immorehxcthanu
who the fuck is mat devine?
User Info.
December is for Cynics- The Matches...because I can totally relate to the indifference in this song.
07:23 AM on 12/06/07
adfged
User Info.
Adam Sandler’s “The Hanukkah Song” is rad.

i loveee that song!
07:25 AM on 12/06/07
brentkid
I am no king.
User Info.
Cartel's Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree always does the trick for me.
07:26 AM on 12/06/07
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
my favourite non traditional christmas song would have to be mookies last christmas by saosin, thats a great tune. Alot of the sufjan stevens christmas songs are also great
07:27 AM on 12/06/07
chemical_kiss
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Christmas Song - Alvin and the Chipmunks. As a little kid I used to love Alvin and the Chipmunks and was given their cassette tapes for Christmas all the time basically. At one point I had a vinyl and I was only 4 or 5, maybe 6. But this song particular is a classic because I used to sing and dance around to this when I was little and my parents caught it on tape one time. So, every time I hear this song specifically by Alvin and the Chipmunks I can't help but to smile and laugh a little. All the other Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas songs are good still too.
07:27 AM on 12/06/07
secretemily
User Info.
I'm always a sucker for "Last Christmas" by JEW
07:29 AM on 12/06/07
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Blink 182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas
07:30 AM on 12/06/07
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
I think you should credit "Happy Christmas(War Is Over)" to John Lennon, not Sense Field.
07:35 AM on 12/06/07
luv247muzac
User Info.
My favorite song is I Celebrate The Day by Relient K. My favorite christmas cd that I have is Snowed In by Hanson. I love living in Florida but I do miss seeing show around christmas time.
07:36 AM on 12/06/07
doomcrs04
Train Rides Up North
User Info.
My favorite is "Mi burrito cavanero". Its a traditional spanish song but its so much fun.
07:37 AM on 12/06/07
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think you should credit "Happy Christmas(War Is Over)" to John Lennon, not Sense Field.
Everyone knows John Lennon, not everyone knows Sense Field. Plus that's one of my favorite Christmas songs so I got to mention it.
07:37 AM on 12/06/07
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Christmas Song - Alvin and the Chipmunks. As a little kid I used to love Alvin and the Chipmunks and was given their cassette tapes for Christmas all the time basically. At one point I had a vinyl and I was only 4 or 5, maybe 6. But this song particular is a classic because I used to sing and dance around to this when I was little and my parents caught it on tape one time. So, every time I hear this song specifically by Alvin and the Chipmunks I can't help but to smile and laugh a little. All the other Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas songs are good still too.
Haha, that's so cute.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums