AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Reel Big Fish News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Reel Big Heart

Posted by - 10:57 AM on 07/25/12
Reel Big Fish recently donated proceeds from their Denver, Colorado show to the victims of the Aurora Theater tragedy.
Message From the BandLast Thursday night, Reel Big Fish played to an amazing Denver crowd. The night was buzzing with positive energy as the last notes of the horns blared and the audience poured into the dark to head home. Little did we all know; right down the street, a tragedy of unspeakable horror was unfolding, in Aurora. Because of the love that Denver always shows us, we would like to do what we can for the friends and families of the victims. Proceeds from our show at the Belly-up in Aspen, CO last Friday July 20 will go to The Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance. Our booking agency, The Agency Group will also be making a donation. If you wish to donate or learn more about the organization visit www.coloradocrimevictims.org. All our love goes out to the people of Denver in this time of sorrow. Music and dancing is good medicine. Be with friends and boogie!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
11:03 AM on 07/25/12
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
that's awesome
11:05 AM on 07/25/12
IV.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
just for being in Denver at the same time, pretty cool of them.
11:17 AM on 07/25/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
So great of them.
11:19 AM on 07/25/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
i have a friend in Aurora. shits terrifying.
11:21 AM on 07/25/12
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Love it
11:22 AM on 07/25/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This bothers me. Why did the band not just do this from the goodness of their hearts (Like they did) and not just keep it to themselves? Why do people only do charity if it's publicized? I got press releases about Reel Big Fish doing this. I saw news site after news site posting about it.

Idk I don't mean to take away from a good deed, that type of shit jsut bothers me.
11:28 AM on 07/25/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
This bothers me. Why did the band not just do this from the goodness of their hearts (Like they did) and not just keep it to themselves? Why do people only do charity if it's publicized? I got press releases about Reel Big Fish doing this. I saw news site after news site posting about it.

Idk I don't mean to take away from a good deed, that type of shit jsut bothers me.
There are a few reasons to publicize it. They give their condolences, show their support of a charity, and show that they deeply care about the people that they perform for. Plus, the fact that they support that charity could give incentive for fans to support it as well. Press releases like this can make more people aware of ways they can help out if they didn't know where to start.
11:37 AM on 07/25/12
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There are a few reasons to publicize it. They give their condolences, show their support of a charity, and show that they deeply care about the people that they perform for. Plus, the fact that they support that charity could give incentive for fans to support it as well. Press releases like this can make more people aware of ways they can help out if they didn't know where to start.
This 100% this is absolutely nothing wrong with it being publicized at all and will encourage people to also do the same.
11:37 AM on 07/25/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.

Also, if you went to that show, how else would you know that your ticket $$ went to the victims. That is something I would like to know, so I am also fine with the band publicizing it.
11:58 AM on 07/25/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Good for them. They've always seemed like great guys.
12:21 PM on 07/25/12
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
i have a friend in Aurora. shits terrifying.
I had a friend in the theater man. Him and his girlfriend are okay, but it is terrifying.
12:31 PM on 07/25/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I had a friend in the theater man. Him and his girlfriend are okay, but it is terrifying.
I think this has been well-addressed already...
But it surprises me that it even had to be. This was an immensely good deed, publicity or not. The fact that they chose to make a statement isn't self-serving in the least - what they might gain in positive publicity is peanuts compared to what this press release will likely do to inspire others to follow suit.

I'm really doubting that you've never "unnecessarily" publicized a good deed of your own. Sit down.
02:15 PM on 07/25/12
Theknewkid
oh yes
User Info.
Not only are these guys very talented but they are also clearly awesome people. Publicizing it is the right move and it will hopefully encourage others to do the same:)
03:08 PM on 07/25/12
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.

Get over yourself. Douche.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version