Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fall Out Boy
Inside AP.net

Joe Trohman Calls BS On Poor Journalism

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (12/15/07)
Joe Trohman (Fall Out Boy) has posted a response to the recent accusations of other band members being critical of Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson's relationship.
Joe Calls BSI usually don't respond to this, but this just irked me slightly. Know that first off, this is what we like to call complete tabloid bullshit. We don't have any "pals" that gossip to the tabloids over our business. Those kind of folk are called douchebags, and we don't fraternize with douchebags. We also don't blame a certain someone for our lack of a Grammy nod. That's absolutely fucking absurd. We might be irrational, chemically imbalanced babies, but our discontent is only directed at those who we feel slighted us to a degree. And at the same time, we're just over it. We don't need to be validated by a piece of metal. Don't believe the gossip columns out there. This "poisonous" person that was mentioned is nothing short of awesome, and we fully back her. Everything in Camp FOB is all good.

In other news, we officially ended our long trek we like to call touring life. We played our final show for the year today at Madison Square Garden at Jingle Ball, and it was a great conclusion to a long journey. There was so much pyro on stage that I lit my hair on fire, which in turn made me feel the power that the gods of rock bestowed upon us, and I proceeded to head bang. We're happy as all hell to have a break and to let the old aches and pains fade away, but not before I think each and every one of you for your incredible support not only over this year, but over our entire career thus far. You all fucking rule. You're so money and you don't even know it. You allow us to wake up every day and smile, knowing that we get to do what we love. We all own this together. Don't forget that.

I hope you all enjoy the festivities that come along with the holidays. I will most likely do my usual chinese food and a movie, which in my family is an important tradition. General Tso's chicken and a movie with someone similar to, but not necessarily Matt Damon. Fucking paradise.

Submitted by rlich8

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 108
09:09 PM on 12/15/07
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.
First.

And can I say, damn.

I don't understand why people instigate fuckin' drama. This stream of FOB news has been nothing but attacks on Wentz and Simpson, you'd think they were running for president, the amount of harassment they are taking. Journalists are such douchebags and I sometimes wonder if I'm dreaming to be in the wrong field.
09:17 PM on 12/15/07
gracky
Don't you float away.
User Info.
fall out boy vs. gossip blogs, round 382.
09:17 PM on 12/15/07
saving jonathan
everything in transit
User Info.
as expected.
joe always came off as a pretty chill dude, i think it's cool he's not letting the snub get to him. like he said, it's just a piece of metal.

and general tso's = yummy
09:18 PM on 12/15/07
Jason Tate
User Info.
Nice.
09:20 PM on 12/15/07
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
fuck the haters FOB is the shit.....dont hate
09:24 PM on 12/15/07
didwhat77times
the night meets the morning sun
User Info.
Pete Wentz fronts Fall Out Boy/ aggravates almost anyone that is not a 12 year old girl, yet the other three seem like such likable, down to earth guys.
09:26 PM on 12/15/07
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
tsk tsk... shouldn't journalists have better things to write about like... oh i don't know the rising price of gas? anyway... joe seems like a cool guy... he should blog more
09:29 PM on 12/15/07
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
Joe should be their spokesperson instead of Pete.
09:29 PM on 12/15/07
SJms1026
User Info.
Not surprising.
09:30 PM on 12/15/07
SellOuts
User Info.
joe knows whats up for jews on xmas
09:30 PM on 12/15/07
drew-is-cool
User Info.
Kudos, Joe!
09:37 PM on 12/15/07
SgtFumunda
God's away on business.
User Info.
I like Chinese on Christmas, too. Me and Joe should be bffs.
MyNameIsRoss
joe knows whats up for jews on xmas

Jew pride!

well....

i'm not religious anymore, but still, Jew 4 life.
minustheburt
User Info.
fuck yeah, bro.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music