11:01 AM on 12/17/07
PuxRawkPrincess
There's No Shepard Without Vakarian
User Info.
I'm so confused....
permanentdan
User Info.
dont be inconsiderate about this just because it says substance abuse. that doesnt necessarily mean the same thing as something like cocaine. they were prescription drugs, so perhaps he had a prescription to be taking them and its just as they said:accidental. dont jump to conclusions based off of a murky and less than lengthy worded release.
freon480
12:34
User Info.
plus im sure we'll see a HH statement soon anyways
11:02 AM on 12/17/07
dearmsleading
A City Heart instrumentalist
User Info.
Interesting... big words. Was it because of the combination of the drugs, or because he took too much?

"acute combined effects" sounds like an interaction between the drugs, rather than an overdose.
i don't know his personal history, but the last two sound like they could have actually been prescribed to him for some panic disorder. no idea about the opiates though.
11:03 AM on 12/17/07
punkrockmedic
User Info.
I believe they said it wasn't on purpose, like he didn't OD on heroin or anything.

It's never on "purpose" Just because it's not a illegal drug, doesn't mean he didn't OD. He abused narcotics prescribed to him. So it may very well in fact be the same as an OD on heroin.
11:04 AM on 12/17/07
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
not what i expected.

RIP
11:05 AM on 12/17/07
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.
so what does this mean in layman's terms? antidepressants would make sense, but was he suffering from seizures/panic disorder as well.

this is still not enough to make a conclusive, this is how/why he died statement, IMO

from what I've heard about the seizure/panic disorder drug....it's the same pill just treats two seperate symptoms. kind of like zyban/wellbutrin. it's an anti-depressant that also has you quit smoking(1 pill 2 effects).

so most likely he was suffering from an anxiety/panic disorder and thats why he would be prescribed those medications. probably not seizures(sense they probably use strobes and lights...which would def not be good for him).
11:05 AM on 12/17/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Well, if you're depressed and have panic attacks, neither of those drugs would probably be uncommon. I'm curious what the opiate was.
11:07 AM on 12/17/07
You'reSoCool
You told Brant, Brant told me.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Poor Guy. I feel so bad for the band, his wife and family. Best of luck to them. Anyone hear anything from Brummel??
11:08 AM on 12/17/07
imajerk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
can someone break this down in to words i can understand?
11:09 AM on 12/17/07
bad sects
regrets are worthless
User Info.
oh jeez :(
i12punk
Accents
User Info.
Well, if you're depressed and have panic attacks, neither of those drugs would probably be uncommon. I'm curious what the opiate was.

Me too. My dad is on both of those kinds of medication. People keep overlooking the part where it says opiate, they think that he ODed on his prescription drugs but the article doesn't say that at all.
gloriousmuse
you've left me speechless
User Info.
11:10 AM on 12/17/07
Bingham88
User Info.
wow... so sad.
11:10 AM on 12/17/07
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
It sounds like it was just a reaction to something. Whatever the opiate was likely had a bad interaction with the prescriptions he was taking.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos