Username
Password
Hawthorne Heights News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 76.
02:10 PM on 12/17/07
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
I hate the fact that they feel like they need to say "Please be respectful as we deal with this news." this shouldn't have to be something thats written next to that statement.

Welcome to the world we live in.
02:11 PM on 12/17/07
hopelesslyhopeful
we all need a reason to believe.
User Info.
I'm glad that he made this statement. I don't think any of us want his reputation to be damaged. This is just horrible. And I'm sure it's even worse for all of them, dragging up the pain of last month just when things started to sort of kind of get back to normal. RIP, Casey. You'll be missed always.
02:11 PM on 12/17/07
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
i think a lot of people in the other thread feel stupid for presuming things.
it must be hard for HH to respond to fans accusations about casey's death.
give them a break.
02:14 PM on 12/17/07
BridgeJumper
myspace.com/tymeuprock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sorry to hear this keeps going deeper...hopefully everything is cleared up eventually and maybe this does it.

Rip
02:16 PM on 12/17/07
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the only weird part about all if this is one of the band members said that casey said goodnight to him before he went to bed or something that night and that it was the only time he did that..how long have they been a touring band like 4 years at least and for him to do it the night he died maybe it was coincidental or maybe he was depressed that night or something... anyway rip
02:17 PM on 12/17/07
jhennis
John Wallin'
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this damage control is hilarious...a few weeks ago he was on no drugs of any kind.

its better to say nothing than throw this damage control out there
verity38
verity
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hate the fact that they feel like they need to say "Please be respectful as we deal with this news." this shouldn't have to be something thats written next to that statement. This is truly sad news and I wish the best of luck to this band.

Welcome to the world we live in.

your right and that bothers me. i feel like its nobody's business to say anything mean what if it was your band mate or even worse your family member. nobody likes hearing negative stuff said about their best friend.
whoaitsailsa
User Info.
it makes me so sad that they even had to write this.
it makes me so sad that people are constantly probing for some kind of answer that will tarnish the memory of Casey.

i wish people would just leave it alone.
02:18 PM on 12/17/07
SgtFumunda
God's away on business.
User Info.
It's good that they're nipping this thing in the bud.
02:19 PM on 12/17/07
tjm42
Team Ben
User Info.
I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it is for them to have to make a statement about their friend so soon after news reports. They're strong people and they have my respect and sympathies.

If this was an interaction-related death, then maybe some good may come out of it. Maybe this will serve as another reason to educate people to ask questions about their medications and to be safe with drug interactions.

But regardless, I'm reminded all over again how hard it was to hear the news about Casey. May he rest now and may we remember his contributions and his indefatigable spirit.
02:26 PM on 12/17/07
WFUJerseyJon
Murderer's Row '09
User Info.
Whatever the cause it's tragic. Legal or illegal doesn't really make a difference to me, this whole ordeal sucks. RIP Casey.
02:26 PM on 12/17/07
morphine boy
Unappreciative Pisces Man
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine, which are well-known to be dangerous when combined with opiates. Many heroin overdoses are actually caused by a mixture of benzos and alcohol. Whether he knew that or not I have no idea, but any doctor prescribing either should have made him aware of the danger. If he died because a doctor didn't do a simple yet vital part of his job correctly... crazy.

But speculation is clearly something the band want to avoid, so I'll leave it there.
02:28 PM on 12/17/07
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
your right and that bothers me. i feel like its nobody's business to say anything mean what if it was your band mate or even worse your family member. nobody likes hearing negative stuff said about their best friend.

It isn't...

I hate it when people say disrespectful or apathetic comments about things like this.

"Why should I care, just because they were in a band?"

The fact that they're in a band means nothing - the loss of human life should always be mourned and respected (unless they were a truly horrible, horrible person) - being in a band that you don't like does not really qualify.

As I've said although I don't like HH at all it's the worst news, as is any loss of life.

BUT.. the fact remains - the world we live in (unfortunately) is full of people who have no respect for life or death. I must be getting old but "I blame the parents" - people simply aren't taught morals anymore.
02:30 PM on 12/17/07
werealldudes19
I'm best known for failure
User Info.
this whole thing is really shitty
it's awful
02:34 PM on 12/17/07
shoelaces
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this damage control is hilarious...a few weeks ago he was on no drugs of any kind.

its better to say nothing than throw this damage control out there
the statement was that he wasn't doing anything illegal, not that he wasn't on any drugs. it's perfectly legal to take drugs that were prescribed to you.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums