User Info.
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
Ireland
Female - 19 Years Old
Staff Member
Any Crywank fans on here?

For those who don't know him:

Last Fm BiographyCrywank is James Clayton trying as hard as he can to do some folk-punk influenced acoustic music with no previous experience playing guitar. All of his music is available for free online. His first album “James is going to die soon” was written after a painful break up. Crywank states that “I wrote these songs out of frustration and sadness and they ended up making me feel a lot better, I hope they have a similar effect on you”.

Crywank has since gone on to play shows with bands such as Andrew Jackson Jihad, Bomb! The Music Industry, RVIVR, Austin Lucas, The Casual Terrorist and ONSIND. In 2011 Crywank toured Germany and The Netherlands with Well Known Secret.

In 2012 Crywank released his second album ‘Narcissist On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown’. Described as “a collection of paranoid songs mostly about me trying to understand my own sadness along with the concept of sadness as a whole. It was fueled by self help books and pot.”

The name Crywank comes from a nickname a friend gave James due to his over-the-top displays of sadness. His Mum tells her friends he’s called ‘Tearjerk’.

He's acoustic at it's best.
04:41 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
This is awesome. Thank you for sharing!
04:41 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Absolutely love Crywank. Lyrically he's so honest, it's really uncomfortable to listen to at times. It's also kind of endearing that he's shit at the guitar and singing.

Not particularly uplifting music though.
04:43 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
god i hate it when people think that titles are a place for them to be themselves/random/awkward/rawr

what part of him thinks that that's a good song title? like is he fucking stupid?
04:44 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Means something to him I suppose.
04:50 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
Kelly Doherty
Ireland
Female - 19 Years Old
Staff Member
Absolutely love Crywank. Lyrically he's so honest, it's really uncomfortable to listen to at times. It's also kind of endearing that he's shit at the guitar and singing.

Not particularly uplifting music though.

I'm completely obsessed with his stuff. Literally, downloaded James is going to die soon and listened to each track about thirty times in one week. He's so brilliantly flawed.
06:41 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
zephyrsong12345
solitary WEASEL
Really liking it.
06:54 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
I'm completely obsessed with his stuff. Literally, downloaded James is going to die soon and listened to each track about thirty times in one week. He's so brilliantly flawed.

My only problem is with songs like Nose Tampon. It's just like he's trying to be weird for the sake of it.
09:10 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 22 Years Old
Crywank is sick. Love this stuff.
11:29 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
Mochem
I've seen him post a few times on another music site I visit. He seems like a really nice guy and I support him.
04:46 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
Kelly Doherty
Ireland
Female - 19 Years Old
Staff Member
My only problem is with songs like Nose Tampon. It's just like he's trying to be weird for the sake of it.

Have a listen to Handbong. I'm not sure if I hate it or love it I'm not as much of a fan when it comes to the stuff off Narcissist... he's at his best when he's being all emo and serious. The jokier songs are a little lost on me.
06:36 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Have a listen to Handbong. I'm not sure if I hate it or love it I'm not as much of a fan when it comes to the stuff off Narcissist... he's at his best when he's being all emo and serious. The jokier songs are a little lost on me.

See that's the kind of song that would stop me from being this record. But songs like 'Now I'm Sad (Boo Hoo)' are fantastic.

I guess that just comes with the territory of enjoying the music of a non musician. . Either way, thanks for sharing this artist, he's awesome.
04:46 PM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
steve187
nah
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
never heard this band but their name makes me laugh
05:00 PM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
Mikey Paine
AP.net's registered Fullonrapist
Annapolis, MD
Male
I've seen him post a few times on another music site I visit. He seems like a really nice guy and I support him.

I'm assuming you are talking about /mu/?
06:13 PM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
Mochem
I'm assuming you are talking about /mu/?
Yup. I've seen him there once or twice posting his new music and stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos