Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 13 posts.
11:05 AM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
this would be big news in the 1960s
where the fuck do you get off stealing my signature?

change that. the shit you say is dumb and i dont want anyone to think we know each other.

edit: actually, dont. for the purpose of advertising limbeck, I will bite that social bullet.
11:06 AM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Not really an equal comparison. Mike Love was the co-frontman and was far more integral to the Beach Boys than Ringo ever was to the Beatles.

Still, he's kind of a dbag.
an argument can be made that ringo made the beatles what they are

regardless, things like this make me wish Dennis Wilson was still alive. he'd crack a bottle over Mike Loves head and tell him he's fired. you can't fire a Wilson from the Beach Boys, I don't care what copyright you have.
11:19 AM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Dennis' solo shit is dank with a capital D
it's got a purpleish reddish hue
03:28 PM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
I'd like to hear that argument. Get to it.
1. Ringo's loose thudding style brings the sound of the other 3 members full circle and makes the band complete. no other drummer couldve played for them.

2. the beatles are the prime example that music is so much more than silly technicality, and there's a trademarked expression in ringo's style. his drum beats sound like Ringo Starr, which not a whole lot of drummers can say.

3. he did what served the song best. a lot of drummers can't handle taking the backseat to the song itself, even more of them just simply don't know how to do it.

4. his fills propel the songs in only the most appropriate ways. i.e. the way his rolls in Yer Blues make the song sound like it's dragging on the floor, or how he gives the rhythm of Maxwells Silver Hammer that extra bounce.

5. he knows how to make a full atmosphere to back a track out of simple percussion. listen to Come Together. a little flare on the hi hat, and a floor tom roll into the thudding floor pedal rhythm, now through this subtle buildup it pushes the outburst of the chorus into that great territory that blows your mind.

yeah, he's no Ginger Baker, but the man deserves just as much credit for The Beatles sound as everyone else in the band, including George Martin, Brian Epstein, Billy Preston, and Phil Spector in their respective ways in their times with the group.
03:29 PM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
They got more time for Surfin' now.
They actually never surfed. Dennis Wilson, who's been dead for like 35 years was the only one who did, and it was only a passing hobby to him anyway.
06:27 PM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Another drummer did play for them. Paul, on many songs.
not true because Paul McCartney died in 1966.

i'm only kidding (i think), but yeah, you're right. but it was only on a couple tracks, and you can kinda tell.
06:35 PM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Oh no, I hope the other interwebz peeps won't think he is you and they will not be your ap.net friends

Seriously, dude......
do you really think I was being serious?

fuck outta here
09:25 PM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Four tracks in total. And while I myself wouldn't have known it wasn't Ringo without being told, they certainly don't display any of the drum prowess Ringo is known for.

Just for the record, the non-Ringo songs are - Back in the USSR, Dear Prudence, Ballad of John and Yoko, and the album version(s) of Love Me Do. The single version featured Ringo, but the album version(s) feature Andy White.

One other reason I respect the hell out of his Starr is is almost superhuman ability to keep time. The rest of the band could do as many takes as they wanted, and they knew they could splice it together later, because Ringo would always have the same timing on every take.

I was weaned on Beatles music, and when I was young I somewhat wrote Ringo off as a doofy guy doing a role anyone could do. But as I learned more about music and the band itself, he always impressed me more and more.
not to mention he was the one that really pushed them to the psychedelic style theyre mostly known for
11:32 PM on 09/27/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
I think a lot of the trippier stuff with them is a bit of a chicken and egg situation. I think John was the one moving in that direction mentally and artistically, but without Ringo's ability to play all those wild time signatures, a lot of that music either never would have happened, or the process would have been much more slow.

With an average drummer, Rubber Soul to Abbey Road would be a 10-20 year growth process, rather than the 4 years it took them.

well, what i was really referring to was Ringo leading them all to India and into LSD and such.

more beach boys talk
less beatles talk
more full house talk

Mike Love kicked out Brian Wilson from The Beach Boys, is this what you really wish to discuss? what more can even be said than "wow".

watch a real sitcom sometime
09:31 AM on 09/28/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Of course you won't admit if you were.
what?
11:02 PM on 09/28/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
you. wouldn't. admit. if. you. were. serious. because. your. interwebz. peeps. might. not. be. your. friends. anymore.....

boooooonnnnggggg
you're such a loser that it actually makes you unarguably stupid. go fly away on the wings of a butterfly you fucking dork.
11:11 PM on 09/28/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
let me just say that im a huge beach boys fan. I went to bonnaroo this year and they were one of the main acts that i wanted to see. And while i wasnt disappointed, well i was actually. They were still worth seeing and it was great seeing them, dont get me wrong, but Brian Wilson was a STONE. He did not sing on almost any of the songs. He couldnt even really speak to the audience. he just sat there. ( i dont think it had to do with there internal band struggle but more about him being too old to really perform.
Secondly, Mike Love can even hit most of his high notes anymore and they had a backing vocalist to assist him. I think it was time, honestly.
do you know how much medication it takes to even get him to the town he's supposed to play in? the guy hears voices and twitches uncontrollably.
08:36 AM on 09/29/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
"I need to put this guy down! I can't think of something so ill just pick a song title from a band he listens to"

That was lame, Tom. Lame.
you're arguing with me over something that isn't even true. what's lamer than that?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests