Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
10:39 AM on 10/02/12
harryCane
Fighter of the Night Man
User Info.
The first release date I was really excited about was June 12, 2001, the day "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket" was released. I had just turned 15 and remember writing the date with complimentary "X days left" every day into my school notebook. Paper notebook that is, made from a tree. Not those nifty electronic thingies you young people have nowadays.

Anyway, the day came and as it turns out, Blink wasn't that much of a big deal in Germany mid-2001, so the local record store I went to didn't carry it. Couldn't order it either apparently. Well, they're out of business now. Serves them right!

I ended up buying it at Amazon in the U.S., which takes about 3 weeks to arrive. Bummer. But in the end it was well worth the wait.

Forward 11 years to today. I just checked Amazon and you know how it shows the date you purchased the product on each product page? Well, it says June 11, 2001, a whole day before it was released! I placed the order right after I went home from the record store empty-handed, so if I had just waited a day, they probably would have had it in stock. I never knew that...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests