Username
Password

09:58 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
Struggled with this for years and have had my longest time away from it in the past month. So great to hear about someone kicking it to the curb for good.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.
05:41 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
maxvsmaradona
thesecondside.bandcamp.co m
New Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Opiates. Had myself convinced it was just recreational use for a real long time but finally gave it up for good about half a year ago.

Good for you! I worked at a methadone clinic for a while, and opiate addiction and withdrawal is a scary thing to go through and get over. But I'm glad you kicked the habit!

For me? Cigarettes. Coffee. Hydroxyzine (which is an antihistamine, but also does wonders for my anxiety as a sedative. For me, it's almost as powerful as a benzodiazepine). And I guess my depression/bi polar meds. I mean, if I were to quit them, I'd go into withdrawal. Which would suck.
08:44 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Jordachejeans91
New York/ Beaver...
Male - 27 Years Old
Chewing tobacco. I'm pretty good about it now, but the cravings will still kick in every now and then.

I'm still very addicted to this and I just really want to stop because I dont really enjoy it anymore, but I just cant seem to kick the addiction.
10:29 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
I tried once when I first noticed a problem. I figured since I caught it early I could change but I couldn't and here I am years later and its worse. It's weird, I know I have a problem but I can't take the first step to change it.

This. But for me it's not that I can't take the first step, it's that I don't want to. Scares me.
10:40 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
This. But for me it's not that I can't take the first step, it's that I don't want to. Scares me.

I think that's most of my problem too. And its not like I would have support from my friends because I'm sure we all have the problem
11:00 AM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
I think that's most of my problem too. And its not like I would have support from my friends because I'm sure we all have the problem

Yeah I remember having that same problem years ago. Now I rarely see my old friends and the drinking just didn't stop because I went to college and that's what kids do at college. I'm just waiting for the time when I honest to god want to stop because I feel like trying to stop drinking when I want to drink is a bit counter productive.
12:25 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm still very addicted to this and I just really want to stop because I dont really enjoy it anymore, but I just cant seem to kick the addiction.

It's something that takes some time for sure. I was fortunate enough to be able to kick it cold turkey, but everyone has their own way. Baby steps!
12:43 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
Yeah I remember having that same problem years ago. Now I rarely see my old friends and the drinking just didn't stop because I went to college and that's what kids do at college. I'm just waiting for the time when I honest to god want to stop because I feel like trying to stop drinking when I want to drink is a bit counter productive.

I feel like if drinking was my only problem, I might be able to stop but I think I would just replace it with one of my other addictions
08:04 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
I don't have any addictions exactly, but I have an extremely addictive personality and xanax and alcohol are very high up on my list. I don't let myself buy any other drugs, if someone offers me something I usually will do it, but otherwise no because I know I will end up in trouble.

Actually, I guess I might say I am addicted to xanax because I have terrible withdraws if I don't take it..but I have a prescription for it.
09:21 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
I agree with the person above. I too get addicted easily. Therefore I stay away from stuff cause I know addiction pulls you down, but unfortunately she's the drug I need. When I was 13 and learned what jacking off was I got addicted. No joke. I was tugging myself like 6 times a day. But then I had sex with my gf in 9th grade and that fucked me up. I seriously needed sex on a daily cause I couldn't go back to jacking off. I felt horrible cause by the time I was 17 and a senior I had to keep breaking up with girls because I thought I was ruining their lives.

When I went off to college it got better, girls were older and I didn't care that I was banging them too much. It was funny cause my brother smoked a lot but I spent way more in a year on condoms then he did on cigs. But then I learned the Health Center gave out condoms free.
Anyway when I left school I had a breakdown and ended up getting treated for sexual addiction. I mostly had private meetings with my shrink, but every now and then I went to public meetings which seemed to be filled with single losers looking for easy girls.

Doctors tried to ease my way back into jacking off. my doc was a lady. she wasn't hot but I always felt that she liked talking about sex and that was detrimental to my recovery. I digress. I haven't jacked off in 6 months, but that's just cause I still need sex. But I'm sex free for the past month. It's hard but I keep myself busy. Apparently that was the problem. I had nothing to keep myself busy and now I do. Anyway that's why I don't do drugs, i'll get addicted like i did with satisfying my dick.
09:49 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
Food.
I think about it like a man thinks about sex.
Even if I'm full.
I diet and fantasize about pasta.
Sometimes I eat well all day, binge at night, and vomit
10:33 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
Food.
I think about it like a man thinks about sex.
Even if I'm full.
I diet and fantasize about pasta.
Sometimes I eat well all day, binge at night, and vomit

omg are you me? I could eat fries and pasta every day for the rest of my life - oh and watermelon Sour Patch Kids. I never purged but after I feel full from anything, even healthy foods, I get ill and feel like I'm going to vomit. It's a total coping mechanism to eat. I had to put my dog down today and I drank like three giant fountain sodas and ate a large fry, as well as my sister's small fry. fml. I would eat buttered noodles every day if I could. I like healthy food just fine, but why does the food that's worst for you have to taste so delicious and be so addictive?

/emotional eater problems
09:54 AM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
omg are you me? I could eat fries and pasta every day for the rest of my life - oh and watermelon Sour Patch Kids. I never purged but after I feel full from anything, even healthy foods, I get ill and feel like I'm going to vomit. It's a total coping mechanism to eat. I had to put my dog down today and I drank like three giant fountain sodas and ate a large fry, as well as my sister's small fry. fml. I would eat buttered noodles every day if I could. I like healthy food just fine, but why does the food that's worst for you have to taste so delicious and be so addictive?

/emotional eater problems

Yeah exactly.Ughhh. I'm so sorry about your puppy :( At least it isn't in pain anymore.
I eat everything. I will be careful all day and be lonely at night and just eat a bunch of nasty foods and then vomit.
09:59 AM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
nowFace
You're irreversible
Southern California
Male - 23 Years Old
Coffee. I get the absolute worst headaches if I don't have a cup in the morning and I'm in an awful mood if I don't drink it throughout the day. I usually drink 3-6 cups a day, but my dad was the worst. He drank 3-7 pots of coffee a day.

Holy shit 3-7 pots a day. That's crazy!
06:23 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
SubStylee
I smoke about 8 grams of weed a day and it fuckin' sucks. And this has been going on for over 5 years!! It's not like I can't stop, I feel like I was kinda frozen in some refrigerator for all these years and now all of a sudden the ice melted and here I am, completely unaware of my surroundings. This is all I really know. I started doing it on a daily basis when I was freakin' 13 years old. I tried almost anything imaginable, from LSD to heroin and I'm not even 19 years old. I'm sick of this lifestyle and I'm gonna do something about it. At least I'll try, that's what I've been doing for years.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos