AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:08 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Sam DeBurns Red
Milwaukee, WI
Male
The twinkle-daddy/emo revival/whatever the piss you want to call them bands have thrown out some incredible, incredible offerings, and I'm curious to hear from some fans what their favorites are. My own personal:

Grown Ups- More Songs
No doubt my favorite emo record of the last 10 years. Such quality jams, encompassing every good element of the twinkle variety.

Runners up:

Snowing- I Could Do Whatever I Wanted If I Wanted
If you don't/haven't listened to Snowing, do it right now. Such a great emo punk band.

Joie de Vivre- The North End
A great album to chill to, with variety of instrumentation and real emotional depth.

Other favorites:
Dikembe - Chicago Bowls and Broad Shoulders
Everyone Everywhere - s/t
Algernon Cadwallader - Every Release
The Clippers/Coping- split 7''
The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Are Here To Help
01:44 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Sam DeBurns Red
Milwaukee, WI
Male
So so stoked on the response to this thread. Been jamming most of the bands mentioned here, and this genre is destroying my iPod. Absolutely lovin' it.

Totally forgot the Empire! Empire! LP, that thing is pure gold. Definitely check it out. And I was referring to BOTH Everyone Everywhere s/t's, seeing as how they're both INCREDIBLE. The 2012 record takes the cake though, phew...straight rad.
01:48 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Sam DeBurns Red
Milwaukee, WI
Male
Let me just mention Sirs as far as fast twink goes because I like to mention them everywhere

Yeah yeah, Sirs are so rad. Their recent LP is a banger!
01:38 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Sam DeBurns Red
Milwaukee, WI
Male
Does anyone know some typical alternate tunings used by these twinkle (really hate that description) bands are? I don't have much experience with that and usually shy away from anything that requires me to change the setup of my guitar, but I'm really curious.

I know a lot of "punk"ier emo bands use drop D, Snowing etc. Grown Ups tunes down a half-step (and probably LOTS of other more recent emo bands do this). The more complicated, mathy, Kinsella-y stuff often uses crazy tunings the likes of which I can't tell you and/or use haha. Sorry if thats not much, thats all I really know.
01:44 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Sam DeBurns Red
Milwaukee, WI
Male
I feel very good in this thread.

I just wanted to say this thread is awesome.

Rad to hear, rad to hear. I'm so into all these bands, its great to see some love for the genre and some love for bands that definitely need more attention.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos