Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
06:41 PM on 10/11/12
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
Still not listening to this until Tuesday. You hear me??!! Tuesday.
07:58 PM on 10/11/12
brothemighty
User Info.
I'll take Surrender, Cities, and Friendship over this any day

And unless I have been listening to too much post-rock / shoegaze lately that my tastes have changed I really think most of you will agree with me once the honeymoon period is over.

Its good, nothing more, nothing less

Well, at least it's nothing less! I get the feeling that's an insanely positive review coming from this guy
08:41 PM on 10/11/12
brothemighty
User Info.
Glad this has such a positive reaction. I was going to buy it anyway, but glad to see it's going to get a better reception than "Dark..."
Careful man, Dark had this exact same reaction
09:30 AM on 10/16/12
brothemighty
User Info.
I will preface this with saying that I am a huge Anberlin fan. I wasn't a big fan of Dark... however I could get into 'Impossible' and 'We Owe This To Ourselves' - but overall it was bland and the production was terrible. Never Take Friendship Personal was a landmark record for me. A real pure Anberlin record. Cities was kind of underwhelming after NTFP - and then I feel they picked it back up with New Surrender - which, in my opinion, was the best production Anberlin has seen.

Anyways - this record is just OK so far. I gave it one listen all the way through in the car today - and it seems muddy and all at the same energy level - with very few dynamics. 'Intentions' stuck out to me as a great pop-single effort, but the rest was 'meh'. While I agree its a welcomed departure from Dark... - I don't see all the hype. I also think the production is pretty awful - I expected better from Aaron.

This may change. But that's how I feel as of now.
cool bro

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version