Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
09:33 AM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I am honestly not going to take any side really cause as much as both sides say what really happened I just wasn't there.
I mean I think Kris did not handle a situation well but I also think both sides sorta are being a lot more dramatic about it than need be. Rob definitely is the better speaker if that counts.

In the long run this won't affect who I listen to though and personally if I had to choose I like The Ataris more than Patent Pending (not to say either are bad but Patent Pending never really did it for me)

Hopefully whatever the truth is Kris manages his temper and band better in the future and if rob does have a drinking problem that it gets sorted out. I really don't like he said/she said sorta arguments but in the end this whole event turned into way more drama than need be. This video is funny but just adds to that drama.

Basic point this is that everyone involved is contributing to unnecessary drama. This is the sorta thing best worked out in private. I know Kris basically started it but without sufficient details of what happen prior to the event and the response video it is basically people just become a cat fight in public with people picking sides. Just because Kris did an awkward response video does not mean one was needed in return, things could not of been worked out in private, or that any attacks were warranted. If nothing else a simple press statement would of survived. This video is more comical than informative.
09:57 AM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Honestly, we're all going to go back to forgetting that Ataris even existed in a few days anyway, just like we have for the past 5+ years.
I mean thats all in good but I don't see how these petty arguments really have to do with the music of the bands. I will admit Patent Pending is a lot more active though I like The Ataris music a lot more and still listen to it. Regardless of both of those factors both kris and rob are at fault in this case. Kris is more at fault as he caused harm and made it go public but rob just continued the drama. I doubt Kris just threw a drumset because the dude was a bit off sounding. No matter who is right or somewhat right in these videos it sounds extremely unlikely. Calling someone an alcoholic is a pretty common excuse so there may be some truth in it but is likely an exaggeration.

It is fair to say in this situation Rob is the victim even if behind the scenes he engaged in actions that were enraging. What matters for the most part in life is what is done in a public setting. Kris needs to manage his temper and band more but I doubt highly that rob is blameless while still being the victim. At the end of the day back and forth videos like this just creates too much drama. Kris said some things during his response that did not need to be said and its fair for rob to stand up for himself but this whole situation has become a joke and its hard to feel sorry or respect for either of them regardless of musical preferences.
12:32 PM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
You're just comparing two different levels of stupid, it's all still a waste of everyone's time and none of this should have ever existed
I agree with this so much.
The two are both starting drama. I don't think for a second what kris did or his response was right and I am a long time Ataris fan but I think Rob should've just taken the high road or at least released a professional statement to fans if he really felt that obligated to make this public. Kris is at fault for a lot of things here but the biggest offense is the drama the two keep causing. Everyone wants to pick sides but nobody knows the details of what lead up to the initial incident. Maybe he was drinking a lot and maybe it was a lie. I am not saying either are true but everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. In reality incidents like this happen a lot more than gets reported on but does not really make it special. Sorry rob got hurt but agree it was childish of BOTH of them for making this a public ordeal.
12:36 PM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Literally hes just posted two new songs off it aha weird.

http://theataris.bandcamp.com/

I've submitted the news ;)
They played 12/15/10 when I saw them in February. Good tune.
12:40 PM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't think anyone won..they both look immature now.
You win
01:00 PM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I have a feeling this is only the beginning...
I hope you are wrong and know you are right...
04:30 PM on 10/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Bands like Jew have members that stay because they're making money. Bands like STD and Ataris can't do that so members quit for various reasons. Most bands in this situation break up. Just cuz they have a lot of ex members doesn't necessarily mean that Kris is an asshole, it just means he wants to continue the band even though they aren't making much money.
I see what you are saying and it makes sense to a degree but the reason JEW members stay apart of the band is probably more than money. They are not dishing out big singles like they used to but they always seem like they are having fun in videos and live.
11:30 PM on 10/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah but they are getting a lot more people showing up to thier shows and buying thier merchandise. This matters a lot when members of the band start having kids/families. The Ataris doesn't have this luxary and would have broken up a long time ago(like so man other bands) if Kris Roe didn't have his heart into keeping this band going. My point was just that having a lot of ex members does not at all mean that Kris is a douche.
Oh I agree with you on that point but at the same time bands that have kept the same lineup for a long time are not always together just for money. Besides that I completely agree with everything you said.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests