Username
Password
Copeland News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Copeland
Inside AP.net

Help Finish Funding "Worm"

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (10/16/12)
Worm is the newest movie from independent film maker, Andrew Bowser. The film was shot completely with a GoPro Hero 2 camera and features only one edit, meaning the film was shot in two takes. Aaron Marsh of Copeland is writing the score for the movie. Andrew needs help funding the movie and has started a Kickstarter explaining the film and it's costs. You can watch the trailer in the replies as well.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33.
01:02 PM on 10/16/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
02:02 PM on 10/16/12
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
I like the concept, and the fact that Aaron is writing the score, but I don't really like the teaser haha.
02:04 PM on 10/16/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
really cool concept, but i can imagine getting a huge headache from watching this movie.
02:39 PM on 10/16/12
himynameisjohn3
her eyes were blue her hair was too
User Info.
I'd like to do $50, but I'll probably end up doing $10.
03:09 PM on 10/16/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
It takes $250 to even get the soundtrack lol. Yeahwhat.
03:22 PM on 10/16/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Interesting idea, but I don't think I could watch a feature film shot like that.
03:41 PM on 10/16/12
ObjectsinMirror
Qualified Personnel
User Info.
Personally, I liked the teaser. The idea seemed to work out better than I thought it would
03:48 PM on 10/16/12
Plus155
Keep it Crispy
User Info.
I respect what he's doing, but the whole teaser seemed very unprofessional and gimmicky. Like previously expressed by other people, I don't think I could deal with an hour and a half of that.
03:52 PM on 10/16/12
InfiniteArms
Best Western Beat
User Info.
That trailer gave me a headache
04:10 PM on 10/16/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Cool idea, I'd check this out
04:54 PM on 10/16/12
Rodeo
User Info.
I could only make it though about 1:00 of the trailer, but I immediately thought of 2 things.

1) This entire movie is based on the shot from the movie "Pi."

2)

=
05:02 PM on 10/16/12
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dear people, as someone who works in the TV industry, the reason that this is the first film shot on a Go Pro is because it is a cutaway POV Camera. It is commonly used as a special effect camera that is easy to mount on something, which originated for extreme sport use. The Hero 2 (vs the Hero) just has an LCD display so you can see what you're shooting. The reason there would need to e colour corrected is the fact you can't set your colour temperature on a little POV Camera (or proper exposure or many other things). The Camera itself is only a couple hundred bucks ($400 or so but you can buy it with packs). The $7,000+ donations could buy you around 17 Go Pro Hero2 Cameras. I didn't bother to even watch the trailer, but unless it really really serves the content, the need for a kick starter shocks me. Sorry. Yes I have used these cameras and got some really cool shots. To use 2 takes (basically wait until a memory card is full and load in another card) sounds more like a feat in acting or directing (like you'd find in theatre), but there have been other films who have already properly done the single or few takes approach (properly). I don't want to criticize someone else's art, but make you all aware that you're donating money to a technically low cost project that could be cut on iMovie. Hope the used a proper sound recordist and didn't just use camera mic on the go pro. Again, sorry.

If I said I was shooting a movie on an iPhone but had an accomplished artist doing a soundtrack would you donate money to me? Please.
05:46 PM on 10/16/12
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
Well that was nauseating.
07:32 PM on 10/16/12
xpastoutagainx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wasn't he the singer for Zella Mayzell?
Options
Related News Stories