Album Review

Bridgit Mendler – Hello, My Name Is… Album Cover

Bridgit Mendler – Hello, My Name Is…

Reviewed by
Bridgit MendlerHello, My Name Is…
Record Label: Hollywood Records
Release Date: October 22, 2012
Who?

Bridgit Mendler is an American actress and singer/songwriter. She stars as Teddy Duncan on Good Luck Charlie on the Disney Channel and starred in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Lemonade Mouth. Hello, My Name Is… is her debut album.

How is it?

It seems every actor or actress on the Disney channel has an album coming out these days. I actually had to look up who Bridgit was because she doesn't have the name recognition of someone like Demi or Selena. Mendler is quite the character on her debut album, struggling at times on whether she wants to be the next Taylor Swift or Cher Lloyd or even Ke$ha. “Ready or Not” is a catchy lead single with a big chorus, handclaps and fluffy lyrics that lack substance, but it works. It's like a more hip Taylor Swift track, but once that track is over, you should just stop listening. If you're 12, you'll probably love the randomness of this album but it really lacks any direction at all. It sounds like they picked genres out of a hat and said "Hey, let's make this an album!" Who knows? Maybe Bridgit Mendler will be a household name some day. As for now, thank God for Wikipedia.

Recommended If You LikeMiley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato

Track Listing1. Ready or Not
2. Forgot to Laugh
3. Top of the World
4. Hurricane
5. City Lights
6. All I See Is Gold
7. The Fall Song
8. Love Will Tell Us Where to Go
9. Blonde
10. Rocks at My Window
11. 5:15
12. Hold On for Dear Love

http://www.bridgitmendlermusic.com/
This review is a user submitted review from hiddentrack. You can see all of hiddentrack's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version