Username
Password

03:43 PM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Wow, that was actually awesome. Levy fucking went for it, I'll see the film for her if nothing else.
06:23 PM on 01/05/13 
User Info.
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
CA
Female - 24 Years Old
Was not expecting Jane Levy to be as terrifying as she is in the trailer.
03:28 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
Portland, Maine
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
My crush on Jane has been ruined.
04:41 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 22 Years Old
Just looks like all those other shitty horror films that ramp up the gore (Hostel, Saw etc.). None of them kind of films have any kind of effect on me, they don't scare me nor do they gross me out. Just another crummy remake.
04:44 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
Portland, Maine
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Just looks like all those other shitty horror films that ramp up the gore (Hostel, Saw etc.). None of them kind of films have any kind of effect on me, they don't scare me nor do they gross me out. Just another crummy remake.

Kind of how I feel. Although, the first Saw was well done. I feel the scariest movies are the ones that aren't over the top because they can actually get in your psyche and fuck with you.
04:46 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
secretsociety92
England!!
Male - 22 Years Old
Kind of how I feel. Although, the first Saw was well done. I feel the scariest movies are the ones that aren't over the top because they can actually get in your psyche and fuck with you.
Yh the first Saw was good (my love for Danny Glover knows no bounds) and agreed, horror movies like that are always the best.
07:02 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 26 Years Old
Has no one in here actually seen any of the Evil Dead movies? Over the top describes them pretty well to begin with.
07:24 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
I was going to say, that's the point. Plus the fact that it's all prosthetics instead of CGI means they will showcase it more and it's more impressive.
07:29 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
secretsociety92
England!!
Male - 22 Years Old
There is over the top and then there is purely sadistic violence which this remake is. I love the original Evil Dead not just because of the over top gore but because it also had a sly humor about it, this just looks like a Hostel or Saw knock off.
07:49 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
They included the vomit. I don't see how anyone could think that stuff is all out the window.
07:55 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
Perry Hall, MD
Male - 30 Years Old
If you're comparing this to Saw & Hostel, then I'm convinced you've never seen the original Evil Dead because this looks exactly like how an updated version should look & feel. The deadites are back and look more badass than ever!!
07:55 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Yeah agreed, really don't see that. I guess once we see how Levy acts when she's trapped under the floor will be the best telltale sign of how much of the "humour" or possible tongue-in-cheek references are included (if that's something that is really a win or lose element for individuals), but if Raimi puts his seal of approval on it and Fede Alvarez like he has, then I have faith.
08:48 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 26 Years Old
If you're comparing this to Saw & Hostel, then I'm convinced you've never seen the original Evil Dead because this looks exactly like how an updated version should look & feel. The deadites are back and look more badass than ever!!

Right. I don't get how it's a "Hostel or Saw knockoff" either. They look absolutely nothing alike.
08:50 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male

No, I think it looks like it takes itself entirely too seriously.
09:27 AM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
Perry Hall, MD
Male - 30 Years Old
No, I think it looks like it takes itself entirely too seriously.

It's a remake of the original Evil Dead, not Evil Dead 2...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos