Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
07:12 AM on 11/03/12
asthenia*
Never to see any other way...
User Info.
yeah I'm not sure I buy this...

1) The guy's arguing that Taylor's movement of physical media is basically irrelevant because the music is what's important. Maybe in a perfect world, Bob. Her sales mean she's doing something right and I firmly believe that if people buy something they are probably only going to like it more over time.

Note: the peter framptom comparison cant work because Peter Frampton wasnt in the same situation as Taylor. People still bought CDs regularly in the 80s.

2) His whole argument is focused on the single. Sounds like he hasnt listened to the album, which is ironic since he's all about the quality of the songs (?)

3) From a career standpoint, it makes sense that T.Swift would try to reach a larger audience. Though Country has a huge fanbase, to take that and add Top 40 listeners would either increase her own fanbase or maintain it (if some of the country fans stray away then they're replaced by Top 40, i doubt enough people would jump ship to decrease it)

4) Taylor Swift hasn't been 'Country' since Fearless really anyways so this conversation is about 2-3 years too late.
07:14 AM on 11/03/12
asthenia*
User Info.
Perhaps she should be more like Mumford and Sons and have sales like the music itself: slow and steady, always the same, with as little change as possible.
lol basically what Lefsetz is championing.

i will say the papa johns deal was a bit odd but what can you do
07:02 PM on 11/03/12
asthenia*
User Info.
This is unbearably stupid. "She could have been Loretta Lynn or Dolly Parton." No, no she couldn't. She was never a hit with purists and her music was always just as much pop as country.

And the idea that pop music is disposable and somehow country is eternal is laughable. What an idiot.
yes. you're an enlightened cat.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums