Username
Password
Canada News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Canada
Inside AP.net

Canadian Music Round-Up (11/04/12)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (11/04/12)
Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
06:47 AM on 11/04/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Anyone going to these tours?

Off With Their Heads kicks off a western Canadian tour next weekend in Winnipeg and I couldn't be more excited! Pretty much the only good punk band (aside from The Flatliners and Strung Out) that has decided to come through this year. Buy tickets and support them!

The same weekend the Stars/Metric tour kicks off in BC. I doubt I'll go, but I have a feeling some people on this site are stoked for this tour.

Also in BC that weekend, Comeback Kid will kick off a western Canadian tour with Backtrack/Expire.

Gallows will start their first ever cross-Canada tour on Tuesday, possibly because Wade MacNeil is now in the band. I know I'm definitely going to be there to check them out on November 16.

Lifestory: Monologue
started their farewell tour in Kitchener on Friday and the band will be touring through other parts of southern Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes this month.

Despite the fact that Sum 41 is from Canada, the band is only playing three cities on the Does This Look Infected? tour. The first stop is Toronto on November 8.

Any shows I'm missing?
10:18 AM on 11/04/12
mattbp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And the 3 Sum 41 shows are already sold out.
11:33 AM on 11/04/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
And the 3 Sum 41 shows are already sold out.

I'm guessing you couldn't get tickets?
11:45 AM on 11/04/12
JustinDM
it keeps me up all night
User Info.
Anyone else going to see Man Overboard at Sneaky Dee's in Toronto on the 17th?
02:39 PM on 11/04/12
BurymeWalkAway
User Info.
I might go see The Gallows
04:53 PM on 11/04/12
x13looDx
User Info.
Sum 41 always shits on Canada, haven't been to Winnipeg in at least 5 years. One scheduled show, but they pulled out.. Excited for Metric/Stars though!
06:40 PM on 11/04/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Sum 41 always shits on Canada, haven't been to Winnipeg in at least 5 years. One scheduled show, but they pulled out.. Excited for Metric/Stars though!

Yeah, I'm glad I got to see them on the original DTLI? tour at the Burton Cummings Theatre 9 years ago. They used to play here all the time, before Dave left.
07:39 PM on 11/04/12
NickNodirection
User Info.
My band is opening for Gallows on Tuesday in Montreal... I'm beyond excited it will be a blast!!!
10:59 AM on 11/05/12
mattbp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm guessing you couldn't get tickets?
Nope. I have bought my tickets the day they were available. Quebec City sold out in a week or so.
12:46 PM on 11/05/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
My band is opening for Gallows on Tuesday in Montreal... I'm beyond excited it will be a blast!!!

Cool, which band do you play in?

Nope. I have bought my tickets the day they were available. Quebec City sold out in a week or so.

Have fun then! I haven't seen them in ages, but I remember they were really good live.
02:56 PM on 11/05/12
mattbp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Have fun then! I haven't seen them in ages, but I remember they were really good live.
Last time I saw them was at Bamboozle 09. They were doing a Metallica set as well. That was so good!
12:34 AM on 11/07/12
NickNodirection
User Info.

I play in a band called NoDirectionHome we kinda sound like touche amore defeater and old Thrice... we're hitting the studio on the last week of November... I just got back from the show if you have a chance to go see Gallows in Canada on this tour just fucking GO. I spent an amazing night their set is brutal and extremely well executed. Also I'm happy we got a good response from the audience in general I truly spent a memorable night!!!! Fuck I love music.
10:27 AM on 11/07/12
CurtisFFI
User Info.
Stoked to be playing on the whole Faber Drive tour!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests