Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
09:31 PM on 11/04/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
only song on Some Nights I like. i know, i know, it's really evil to express dissatisfaction with the record, but hey, I can only like what I like. for the most part the record sounds like kids music to me. shit to soundtrack live action disney films.

but more importantly Louis Ck is the funniest man alive. that monologue was the funniest 5 minutes of snl since Will Ferrell left.
07:23 AM on 11/05/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Its now considered bad form to express dissatisfaction with a dissatisfying record on here? What?

These performances were pretty alright in spots, and pretty terrible in others. The amount of studio production needed to make these songs listenable on the album is pretty apparent because of these, though, which (to me) denotes some pretty lackluster song writing.
i'm just trying to throw up a protective shield against any potential fanboys. but yeah, seems to me (may be wrong, only listened to the album like 3-4 times) but the recipe for a new fun song is this:

1) write a lengthy paragraph about your past few days.
2) now pick 2-3 chords
3) pick out a single sentence from said paragraph that can be turned into a slogan for the chorus
4) sing lengthy paragraph over 2-3 chords fitting as many words into every line as possible
5) fill gaps between verses and chorus' with "Woah's"

YAY! Fun. is on the radio! Woo-hoo!
07:47 AM on 11/05/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
you just described every popular song ever written
not really, just since 2008
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News