Username
Password

12:25 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
The only thing that pisses me off is when I go to a show, they look at me like I have 6 heads because I don't dress like them. I'm not sixteen anymore, I don't wear skinny jeans and occasionally I have to shave for work.

They're cool when they get to know you and your tastes but until then... they'll judge a book by its cover like it's nobody's business.

...says the guy who's judging all 'hipsters' without knowing them. Wonderful.
12:32 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
I love how bradsonemanband is in all of these threads.
12:34 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
-sinktothebeat
No Avatar Selected
...says the guy who's judging all 'hipsters' without knowing them. Wonderful.

I'm sorry, did I offend you?

It's a big club the preaches individualism, free speech, and open-mindedness... but if you don't dress like them or share their views you can fuck off, lol.

Hipsters are just advanced emo kids, I used to be one of them. Thrifting and vintage clothing was cool ten years ago, too. Just a lot more tattoos nowadays.
12:41 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 22 Years Old

It's a big club the preaches individualism, free speech, and open-mindedness... but if you don't dress like them or share their views you can fuck off, lol.

Hipsters are just advanced emo kids, I used to be one of them. Thrifting and vintage clothing was cool ten years ago, too. Just a lot more tattoos nowadays.
ITS NOT EVEN A CLUB. BEARDS AREN'T EVEN HIP REALLY?
Wearing clothing that fits well doesn't make someone a hipster, it makes them fashionable. There are probably 100 different conceptions about what it means to be 'hip' in 2012, how the shit can it be some sort of exclusive club if there are no definitive qualifications of what makes one hip?

If anything, these threads lead me to believe that the definition of a hipster is a derogatory term towards people that the insulter perceives as being cooler/better dressed/possessing better taste and is thus intimidated by them
12:49 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
IntoTheSun
my blood flows harshly
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 21 Years Old
Wow, such amazingly sharp and precise sociocultural commentary thank you. Off to go jam to One Direction now bye
12:54 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
-sinktothebeat
No Avatar Selected
ITS NOT EVEN A CLUB. BEARDS AREN'T EVEN HIP REALLY?
Wearing clothing that fits well doesn't make someone a hipster, it makes them fashionable. There are probably 100 different conceptions about what it means to be 'hip' in 2012, how the shit can it be some sort of exclusive club if there are no definitive qualifications of what makes one hip?

If anything, these threads lead me to believe that the definition of a hipster is a derogatory term towards people that the insulter perceives as being cooler/better dressed/possessing better taste and is thus intimidated by them

For the most part, it's definitely a fashion movement more than anything. The emo scene was the same way. You had all these bands with different sounds but the large majority dressed the same.

The problem with the "hipster" scene or even the 'emo' scene is that there's a sense of, "we're better and smarter than you" resonating through the participants. I wasn't any better...

I was a huge Coheed fan but I got all pissy when Good Apollo got popular. Even nowadays when I go see Brand New, there's always the crowd of elitists that get turned off by songs that are played off of YFW because it's not good enough for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo

Henry Rollins basically nails it but I can't say I'm a fan of him either. He's also got an elitist attitude.
01:14 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
This is just really embarrassing.
01:15 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Is a portion of this article predicated on Family Guy having been consistently funny and intelligent? Holy shit.
01:23 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
"Yeah, let's all hop of a bandwagon of bashing something that was never even a real movement to begin with!"

EDIT:
Quote:
I once saw a hipster walk into a woman’s public bathroom and flip up all the toilet seats, just because he was a hipster.
01:24 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
horrifried
No Avatar Selected
The 10 Most Annoying Things About Hipsters:

E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
I counted.
01:28 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
Is a portion of this article predicated on Family Guy having been consistently funny and intelligent? Holy shit.
Come on, how can you not like when the snarky talking dog and the effete talking baby mention a b-list celebrity from the '80s? I guess your sense of humour just isn't refined enough.
01:28 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old

The bolded doesn't surprise me.
01:30 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old

i'm so glad that your reply to my post was your first post ever. welcome. haha
01:32 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
horrifried
No Avatar Selected
i'm so glad that your reply to my post was your first post ever. welcome. haha
Well, thank you sir, and I hope you plan to cuddle a bit before you go.
01:53 PM on 11/06/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
I don't think many people like snobbery and elitism, but it's kind of self-defeating to then project it onto other people because they wear a certain kind of clothes or like certain bands or have beards or whatever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos