AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
03:34 PM on 11/06/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
This has never been my kind of music, but I'm pretty damn sure I'm going to be donating. I have no idea why his death has made me so sad, and I'm happy to see the money is going to her college fund.
04:13 PM on 11/06/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
Dunno about you, but it makes me really sad when anyone in our general music scene dies suddenly. And by that, I mean the very general "slightly underground" scene. But it just makes me feel like they were closer to me than just a random death in the world.
Maybe that's what is, or maybe, as I just realized, he was the same age as my brothers, and that brings things quite a bit closer to home.
06:07 AM on 11/07/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
For me it is a combination of how young he was how he died and mostly seeing the pictures of him and his daughter. I know people who have grown up without a father or mother due to tragedy and know how much they dwindled on it. Knowing a five year old girl is growing up without a dad who loved her the way he did just kills. Especially if you see his interviews where he talks about her.
Yeah, I saw those pictures from some music festival where she's playing on her scooter and he's on his skateboard, and you could tell he just loved her to pieces. The only thing is, according to his wife, he was an alcoholic, and that's what killed him. I just hope when she gets older, she doesn't think 'He must have not loved me enough to not go out that night'. That's hard shit to deal with. I have a friend who lost her mom to almost identical circumstances, and she's just a mess now.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests