Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
08:46 AM on 11/13/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Preordered Issues a ways back, wish I wouldn't have now after hearing it. Also preordered new Deftones but had to cancel to save money for the holidays.

when is dubstep and metalcore going to get a divorce. seriously lol.

Also I don't care how long the deftones have been around and how "influential" they are they sound like radio butt rock. I honestly couldn't listen to more than 1 min out of 3 songs on this new record and i can tolerate a lot. its terrible.
09:16 AM on 11/13/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
...you like The Higher.
LMAO, going through a band list in a profile last updated in 2004 is a sad attempt at taking a shot. nice try though.
11:37 AM on 11/13/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is this just the new material or do you not like them in general?
ive tried to listen to them a lot of the years, it just doesn't do it for me. Also tried to listen to the new material and its just weird to me.
05:15 PM on 11/13/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can understand someone not liking them but "radio butt rock?" I've never heard anyone even begin to denigrate them that way. There's so much to their sound that it's quite an insult to hurl one of the few consistently creative bands out there into that pile.
I don't mean to lower them to the standards of 3 doors down, seether and the like but the chord transitions and melodies just IMO not appealing. I get it, they were pioneers of a sound and were around for quite some time allowing bands in our genre to exist them having paved the ground, but it just has this alt-rock feel I just can't get into for the life of me. I don't really know how to describe it its just unaplealing to my ears.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos