Username
Password
The Wonder Years News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Wonder Years
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: The Wonder Years

Posted by: Drew Beringer (11/13/12)
You can check out my interview with Dan "Soupy" Campbell (The Wonder Years) here. We discussed the current Hopeless Records tour, his band's outside-the-box thinking on merch, and what it's like to be someone's hero.
From The InterviewI donít handle it well, thatís for sure. You just try to take it in stride, I guess. Itís like no one looks at themselves as a guy to be looked up to. Iím just a fucking guy. I like professional wrestling and fantasy football and collect Simpsonsí bobbleheads. I like hanging out with my girlfriend and going skateboarding with her. I like sitting in my living room and watching TV shows with my roommates. Weíre not extraordinary people. Weíre just people.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16.
11:36 AM on 11/13/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
WOAH WOAH Woah these guys were normal people just like you and me? THIS WHOLE TIME?!
11:45 AM on 11/13/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Damn, Dan is such a great guy. It's people like him that a kids should take hints from, not the likes of Ronnie Radke etc.
11:48 AM on 11/13/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
Damn, Dan is such a great guy. It's people like him that a kids should take hints from, not the likes of Ronnie Radke etc.

No hints from either one is even better
12:10 PM on 11/13/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
I definitely agree here. I can't even count how many teenage girls from my high school were completely enamored with Ronnie Radke/Jonny Craig.
12:17 PM on 11/13/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
No hints from either one is even better
heckling alert.
12:19 PM on 11/13/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Glad to see him booking I Call Fives. That band deserves to breakout. Their self-tittled record is underrated.
12:21 PM on 11/13/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Awesome interview. Excited to see the show next week!
12:35 PM on 11/13/12
theHECKLER
User Info.

Oaght! I've been outed!
01:06 PM on 11/13/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
Glad to see him booking I Call Fives. That band deserves to breakout. Their self-tittled record is underrated.
Damn straight, one of my favorites from the year
01:21 PM on 11/13/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Awesome interview. Excited to see the show next week!
Yessir! Do you know if We Are The In Crowd or Sandlot Heroes are good live? I have heard WATIC songs before, but just kind of curious what to expect next week from thos first two bands. I think the Wonder Years are a perfect opener for Yellocard from an energy standpoint.
02:21 PM on 11/13/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Yessir! Do you know if We Are The In Crowd or Sandlot Heroes are good live? I have heard WATIC songs before, but just kind of curious what to expect next week from thos first two bands. I think the Wonder Years are a perfect opener for Yellocard from an energy standpoint.
I like a couple WAITC songs, I'd imagine they'll be pretty good.

I doubt Sandlot Heroes will be good, but we'll see haha I keep forgetting they're playing
03:09 PM on 11/13/12
The_Effort
User Info.

Sandlot Heroes was okay. Not a bad band, just not my cup of tea I don't think. WATIC I have never listened to, but they sounded really good live. The girl who sings for them has a great voice.
08:26 PM on 11/13/12
AReiss
Coffee & Cigarettes Clothing Co.
User Info.
Funny thing is, I think that answer right there about how it feels to be a hero shows a lot of the reason why people look at him as a hero.
06:27 AM on 11/14/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
I saw Sandlot Heroes open for Motion City Soundtrack a while ago. They were okay. They played an enjoyable set, it just wasn't anything particularly special.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums