AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:43 PM on 11/13/12 
User Info.
BridgeLL
Oregon
Female - 34 Years Old
I completely understand. Nothing irritates me more than blatant insolence. My brother is the same way, and so is my best friend. It's really hard not to be an asshole.

Go smoke. It makes it easier to excuse the small stuff and put things in perspective.

I hate to use this phrase, but when I was your age it was way worse than it is for me now. (Age displayed on this site is older than I actually am.)

Antidepressants helped for me a TON too, but they're not for everyone. My brother won't touch them.

Prozac was the best for me, made me not even care about the little things. Plus I quit following people home who cut me off on my commute an hour ago lol jk I still follow them, I just don't get out and start screaming. Lol.

But yeah. Smoke.
02:50 PM on 11/13/12 
User Info.
BridgeLL
Oregon
Female - 34 Years Old
I still have episodes where I snap and sarcastically rip someone a new one. But you get to the point that you can't let yourself be that way. For example:

This girl at my work loved to do the morning bullshit thing, you know what I mean... She would over-enthusiastically greet everyone with an obnoxious morning exclamation. Well when I walked in, she gushed her excitement about the workday and I snapped.

She got right up in my face and did her loud, morning thing. To which I replied that if she spoke to me again, I would cut open her stomach and strangle her with her own intestines.

While my boss had the same sense of humor as me, she couldn't condone that. I didn't get in trouble, but I could tell my time was limited, so I transferred to another office not too long afterward.

Part of me regretted losing my temper that noticeably, but the other part of me will never forget the smug smile that dribbled off that jerk's face when I said that... Heh heh heh, warms my heart to this day.

Anyway, you don't have to be a pushover, you just have to learn to recognize your triggers and remove yourself. I don't know... I guess that's part of growing up. Sigh.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos