Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
10:18 AM on 11/19/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Irrelevant to who? 16 year olds who think DGD is the only band in existence because they dish out albums within every 2 years? I see more demands for new Saosin than I do this band.

But when the day comes, I wouldn't prefer Tilian on their new album anyways.

Both of Saosin's full lengths are SO BLAND... Fans reactions and critical reception has not been kind to them. There is an overwhelming argument for their irrelevancy. And yes I know Translating and even the subsequent ep were legendary.

Im not replying to your comments on dgd because i dont necessarily agree/disagree with them. At least even if I or anyone else hated any dgd song, no one could ever accuse them of being boring or indistinguishable from any other bands.
12:56 PM on 11/19/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Their newest full length absolutely fell short of what that band is capable of, mostly due to a poor performance from Cove. But to say their first full length with him was bland is insulting. The song structuring and vocals on that album far surpass anything DGD has done, and it's sold better as well. Saosin has a much wider fan base thanks to that album and everything they did with Anthony before that is untouchable.

It takes more than a flashy guitarist and a ginger singing about bitches to be considered a great band in my eyes.

I myself like almost half of that album well enough. I dont think its a stretch to call a good chunk of that album bland though. Im not trying to discredit Saosin at all, theyve progressed post hardcore and alternative music as we know it. I am a fan in the end and used to call them one of my favorite bands but pretty much all of their fanbase knows that theres been a dip in quality for the longest time with them. Just go to the saoboards and take a look around.

tldr; Saosin is an important band but no one expects them to return in all their former glory. Therefore, the possibility of new material surfacing is arguably irrelevant because of their recent track record.
01:56 PM on 11/19/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
i think the second emarosa album is way better than anything dance gavin dance has ever released.

Emarosa isnt very memorable. Especially the self titled record.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests