Username
Password
Video News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 67.
01:09 PM on 11/21/12
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
Oh more songs showcasing that Jonny Craig knows nothing about vocal structure or melody he just sings random pretty notes over a song? Sweet!

Also, did anyone tell Craig boys like girls already did the "hero/heroine" thing years ago?
01:13 PM on 11/21/12
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
I enjoyed, the beats are kind of boring tho.
01:22 PM on 11/21/12
permanentdan
User Info.
i honestly was pretty bored with every one of these :/ Still dont see what the hype is with this guy
01:27 PM on 11/21/12
ChaseTx
ah, the scene king of misogyny.
Shhh! You don't know him jk, you did

This sounds solid, and I kinda hope he just sticks with this solo project. I really don't need yet another post-hardcore band catering their sound to his singing style.

Also, it's important to note that this is a leak, and Jonny and the producer are not happy with where it's at.

Jonny's lyrics are consistently terrible.
01:31 PM on 11/21/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
He's a great vocalist, guys, hands down.
01:34 PM on 11/21/12
ChaseTx
The "Heroin" track sounds great.
01:48 PM on 11/21/12
signal to noise
User Info.
i usually think his singing is pretty good, but i didnt make it past 30 seconds.
01:54 PM on 11/21/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
he sounds way better when he doesn't sing on a post hardcore song, though he still tends to hit the same high notes over and over again (especially on the first one).
02:39 PM on 11/21/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Well he used to sound really good, specifically the DBM albums and Emarosa's first, but his melodies are very off and even though the guy really wants to do R&B now, it's really not workin for him. And how many songs can you write about She? Hang it up man.
02:39 PM on 11/21/12
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
He's a great vocalist, guys, hands down.

Don't misconstrue things. He's a great "singer" in terms of the fact that he can hit high notes and has that R&B flow to his voice. He's a horrible vocalist though. A vocalist knows how to structure their melodies to flow with the song and carry the listener places, giving the song some kind of semblance to a story or emotion. Craig has no flow, no construction. He just fits his vocals into random patterns to go over music and it carries you no where. He's an incredibly mediocre vocalist thats being carried by his pretty voice.
02:41 PM on 11/21/12
RabidNewz
User Info.
I honestly don't get the love for him in Dance Gavin Dance either. His vocals are pretty much the same in every song. That band got a lot more dynamic musically and vocally once Kurt Travis joined.
02:57 PM on 11/21/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I think these are songs that will not be on his new solo album. Just demos he's worked on the past couple of months.
You are correct. He's stated (via twitter) that these songs will not be on his solo album.
03:00 PM on 11/21/12
ChaseTx
Holy shit, his Twitter background has a fucking syringe on it.
03:02 PM on 11/21/12
Dirge07
...coitus?
User Info.
Don't misconstrue things. He's a great "singer" in terms of the fact that he can hit high notes and has that R&B flow to his voice. He's a horrible vocalist though. A vocalist knows how to structure their melodies to flow with the song and carry the listener places, giving the song some kind of semblance to a story or emotion. Craig has no flow, no construction. He just fits his vocals into random patterns to go over music and it carries you no where. He's an incredibly mediocre vocalist thats being carried by his pretty voice.

:applause:
03:31 PM on 11/21/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I agree with you, but I think you're over the top about it. The knock on Jonny has always been his structuring - he consistently shows little to no knowledge regarding songwriting/structuring, save for the last Emarosa album and Isles & Glaciers (who was all Vic anyway).
BUT.
His physical ability is simply off the charts. This isn't a guy who has a good voice, and could be great with some training - Jonny has absurd talent, and could be phenomenal and unmatched with half a brain and some dedication. So yeah, his voice obviously carries him past his inability to take himself seriously, but we're talking about a rare level of talent.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests