Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I do hate you.

you are crazy.

so are you.

and you.

not as crazy, sill crazy.

biggest crazy of all. Parade is nowhere near the first two imo and it's still a top 10 record for me. Gerard's voice wasn't as cleanly produced as it is now but his performance on that album is incredible. Easily the most passionate work he's done, with almost no production on it, mostly done one or two takes. His voice fucking soars on shit like "Drowning Lessons" and the ending of "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville" is one of my favourite things he's ever done vocally. and they had a sound on that album that was entirely their own, nothing else sounds like that album.
So how many MCR records are in your top 10 albums of all time?

Also, it's hilarious how people don't like Bullets because of the production. God forbid they ever listen to Zen Arcade...
02:14 PM on 11/26/12
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Three, haha. Revenge and Bullets are my top 2 with Parade being like 8 or something.

and yeah, the production's far from perfect but it's not that bad at all.
It's their most "punk" album. Punk was not exactly built on pristine sound quality or flawless performance.
02:19 PM on 11/26/12
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
I personally don't mind the production on bullets but the reason it is my least favorite is because I personally think everything that came after was just better. I am actually still stoked to hear bullets songs live since they are so rare but feel like they just got better at music after that album.
Yeah I feel similar, though Black Parade is their only album I really enjoy. The others have some moments, DD has the least to my ears. I just find it funny people on a "punk" website would dismiss an album due to the production values. Punk rock: the shiniest, most polished music in history.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums