Username
Password

10:00 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, I can handle this if the deadline isn't for a while. Put me down as a yes.
02:17 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
You're such a goddamn enigma.
02:24 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
So enamored. Her voice is just mesmerizing. Spent most of my days over break just watching various live videos of her. There's some amazing sessions with La Blogoteque (sp?) where she's just walking crowded streets in France absolutely nailing stripped-down versions of her tunes.
01:05 AM on 12/07/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Ed really only has a debut full length out, "+", as well as a collaborative EP with Yelawolf, "Slumdon Bridge". Check those out.

I feel sick.
06:34 AM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
This idea is cool, because in theory, people can keep sending in five-song mixes for artists that haven't been used yet, and if the interest is there, and the people putting it together keep wanting to put it together, it could continue indefinitely.

Haven't gotten to Replacements or Bjork yet (excited to), but fuck, Rolo Tomassi are very good.
10:50 AM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Felt bad about leaving this one off too, but what can you do? Too many fantastic songs haha.

Seeing as they're up there with Prince and the '91 Twins as the only good things to come out of Minnesota in the last 30+ years I'd get on that

Sorry man, couldn't resist haha
You act like Husker Du and the '87 Twins don't exist! Pshh, whatever.

Obviously I'm partial to Motion City Soundtrack and the reigning WNBA Champions Minnesota Lynx, but I was keeping with the pattern.
11:00 AM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Haha the '91 Twins came to mind immediately because my grandfather's a huge Braves fan and has been bitching about that Series my entire life. My bad on the Du though, I'll give you that one too.

MCS are great too but they ain't no 'Mats son. And my knowledge of the WNBA is about as extensive as my knowledge of what you had for lunch, so either I'm a women's pro sports fanatic and I'm staring in your window all day or I don't know shit about the WNBA haha. Up to you to decide.
The only reason I know they won a championship is because I live in the city it happened in, and it's the only sports feat we've got to our name since......well, the '91 Twins, lol. We take pride where we can get it, which is basically only in gay people and women's basketball, haha.

I'm actually amazed how much influential Minnesota music I'm not familiar with. Really excited to check out your mix after I get home from work; hopefully it encourages me to dig into their back catalog.
11:23 AM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
No "Bat Dance" is especially surprising out of the Prince mix.
Choctaw would've had it in there, I bet.
11:29 AM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
The Scottabot's all-time fav.
Has he ever actually sang parts of it on the show before? Because I can't remember if he has, but I have the sudden urge of really, really wanting to hear it.
11:32 AM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, I feel like that's going to be a recurring problem with this.
05:25 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
So with George's permission, I've decided to put all the mixes (save for the Bjork b-side; sorry again, George!) to date into Spotify playlists in an attempt to curb people's troubles keeping the download links up. Obviously if you want to keep the songs, grab the actual mix links, but I figured this would be a nice alternative. I'll keep doing these as more mixes are added. FYI, the Rolo Tomassi one only shows one track in the webpage, but once you open up Spotify, they're all there. Have fun!

Introduce us to your favourite artists: The Mixtapes

1.deanster321 - Rolo Tomassi
2.Chris92 - The Replacements
3.georgedcc - Bjork
4.Nuns on a Bus - The Dismemberment Plan
5.cshadows2887 - Prince
03:49 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
So after running into a few more of these that didn't have all five tracks on Spotify, I'm gonna pull the plug on the playlists I had made. For one, it takes away from the 'feel' of a mixtape to be able to just stream them, and two, it wasn't fair to the few users who would only have four of their songs heard rather than the full five.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos