Ryan: I was on an island, walking around a campfire, and thought of the band name.
Eugene: The Banshee is an Irish spirit the guides the spirits of the dead back to where they belong, the Bones signify the death of what has passed. The music, like the banshee, was created to pull people back by showing them the moral instability of the world.
2. How did this band get started?
Joe: Ryan and Eugene wrote a 13 song album in Vermont and moved to Hollywood, CA at the same time I did (I moved from Indiana). I met Ryan at a music school, and there we found Salem to play bass, and Zach to play guitar.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Joe: Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, etc.
Ryan: The Mars Volta and Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Joe: Past: Led Zeppelin or The Beatles, they are a big influence on us as musicians.
Eugene: Present: Aerosmith
Ryan: Present: The Mars Volta.... any band that's still going that we appreciate and look up to.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Ryan: 7-11 Chili Dogs
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Eugene: Because we are a real, raw, live, rock and roll band. We are a modern rock band with classic rock roots.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Joe: Michael Jordan
Eugene: Larry Bird
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Eugene: My Mom, my Dad, every single person that listened to us
Joe: My parents
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Joe: I would blacklist shitty promoters. Especially ones that leave during our set with our money.
Ryan: I would get rid of pay-to-play.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Eugene: Our bass player eating a cold corn tortilla-garlic humus-and cold hot dog sandwich.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Joe: AP.net is wonderful, it gives bands like us opportunities like this to get our music out there, to people who actually care about music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Joe: One of A Kind
Ryan: One of A Kind
Eugene: Killed By Consciousness
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Ryan: Burton Island Vermont
Eugene: Burton Island Vermont, my vacation spot of choice.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Eugene: Led Zeppelin
Ryan: The Beatles
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Joe: Invisible, because I could disappear from people I don't want to be around.
Ryan: Flying, because it's cool. I could get from point A to point B faster.
Eugene: Ability to control gravity
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Joe: We always "get one in", we throw up the horns and say "Madison Square Garden Baby".
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Joe: Ryan can play guitar really well.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Joe: Shitty, Chicago's Rock/Alternative Station was shut down for 6 months when I moved. But I think we would do well on all rock radio stations.
Eugene: We would do well on classic rock radio.
Ryan: We would also do well on alternative rock radios.