Username
Password

05:11 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
odizzle_word
I know my calculus
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 26 Years Old
I didn't like it that much at first either save for a few songs. The thing that really got me into it was seeing those songs played live. EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE HIM LIVE
This, absolutely. His records are beautiful, but his performances are even more mind-blowing. I love how he's able to adapt his songs to both solo shows as well as those with his full band, and in both instances they all sound so perfect.

...Which is why I'm so pissed about the fact that a few days ago, at 10 AM, he sent out a surprise newsletter saying he was doing a FREE show for NPR at a place not far from where I work, and tickets sold out in minutes. Actually clicked on the ticket link at 10:10, and they were all gone. I knew Josh was getting more popular, but I wasn't expecting the tickets to go that fast.

Blurgh. Oh well, at least I'm still seeing him at Terminal 5. Excited to see how he works these new songs into his set list.
12:13 AM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
Jlee@thedisco
wildwood,MO
Male - 23 Years Old
This, absolutely. His records are beautiful, but his performances are even more mind-blowing. I love how he's able to adapt his songs to both solo shows as well as those with his full band, and in both instances they all sound so perfect.

...Which is why I'm so pissed about the fact that a few days ago, at 10 AM, he sent out a surprise newsletter saying he was doing a FREE show for NPR at a place not far from where I work, and tickets sold out in minutes. Actually clicked on the ticket link at 10:10, and they were all gone. I knew Josh was getting more popular, but I wasn't expecting the tickets to go that fast.

Blurgh. Oh well, at least I'm still seeing him at Terminal 5. Excited to see how he works these new songs into his set list.
my favorite part of his live shows is that I guarantee you will not see someone more joyful and happy to perform for fans. And this was when i saw him a few days after his divorce (allegedly) Smile on his face the whole time. just a lovely human being Josh Ritter is

can't wait for this album
09:07 PM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
Jlee@thedisco
wildwood,MO
Male - 23 Years Old
Streaming on NPR right now!
09:22 PM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
odizzle_word
I know my calculus
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Link to the NPR stream: http://www.npr.org/2013/02/24/172486...-in-its-tracks
05:07 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
gman610
Second Best
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 22 Years Old
Glad this is finally out there somewhere. Very interested in hearing people's thoughts on this one.
07:23 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
odizzle_word
I know my calculus
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 26 Years Old
On first listen, love it. Amazing how he could make sad songs seem so happy.
11:51 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
2014 NL EAST DIVISION CHAMPS
Neverland
Male
This is just ... wow ... spectacular.
01:10 PM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
Never heard anything by this guy but like the song in the OP so I'll check this out.
02:37 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
"Joy to You Baby"

Man, fuck that song.
10:47 AM on 03/03/13 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 23 Years Old
Very, very excited to pick this up on Tuesday.
10:56 AM on 03/03/13 
User Info.
pleasedontask
Butter On A Summer Day...
Jacksonville, FL
Male
I really really liked this.
11:05 AM on 03/03/13 
User Info.
odizzle_word
I know my calculus
Brooklyn, NY
Female - 26 Years Old
"Joy To You Baby" is perfect. I splurged on the deluxe package, which included a notebook of lyrics in Josh's handwriting. Really interesting to see what the alternate and left-out lines for that song were.
11:21 AM on 03/03/13 
User Info.
gman610
Second Best
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 22 Years Old
This has grown on me immensely over the past few weeks. Not sure if like it as much as the past three, but it is a beautiful, beautiful record. Sitting down with a lyric book will help too; there are some really striking lines throughout that are pretty devastating ("Hopeful", especially, at least for me).
11:28 AM on 03/03/13 
User Info.
doyouhas?
We're On Our Way Home.
Athens, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
I think it's important to remember that this album isn't entirely about his divorce. In the midst of his heartache, he also started a new relationship and had a child. Not all of these songs are about his ex-wife.
08:52 AM on 03/04/13 
User Info.
gman610
Second Best
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 22 Years Old
Got my preorder of the deluxe LP (and "Joy To You Baby" single) in today. Everything looks fantastic, and I'm way excited to hear the three or four b-sides included with it all. It's also pretty cool that he includes a CD with his vinyl too, always appreciated that.

Also, as per the above, I had zero idea he had a kid. Total surprise.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos