Our guitarist Alex J got us interested in the Space Race and we'd been watching some documentaries together about the moon landings. When we needed a band name, Launch Control just seemed to fit.
2. How did this band get started?
We'd been wanting to do something together for a while and then our previous bands split so we thought we'd give it a go. We instantly loved what we were doing and our sound fell into place
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Alex and I (Lee) are mainly into punk rock, MXPX, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, Rise Against etc, and we love the catchy side to punk pop too. Mark is a bit of a metal head, he loves a bit of Maiden.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I'd love for us to play with Lagwagon, the atmosphere is always incredible at Fat Wreck gigs and it would be a real honour to share the stage with those dudes.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Mini Baby Bell. Compact and delicious! We never leave home without a net of fake cheese.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're energetic and fun, we get the blood pumping, and I'd like to hope we had the lyrical weight to keep you interested too. We don't do cheesy "she dumped me" songs, and we're not angry for the sake of being angry. Our songs are genuine.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Considering my current level of fitness, I'd swap places with anyone that can walk up a flight of stairs without getting faint!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I'd plan out a long list of heart felt thank you's, but when I got up there I'd probably just make a cock joke and fall over
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The coy way that it pretends not to know that we exist! That and I'd melt David Guetta
10. Memorable tour experience?
A friend of ours bought some old guy's shirt at a gig. Literally the shirt he was wearing. That was weird.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means finding new music and finding out what the band's I love are doing.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of ours, it would be a song from our new EP called No Life Jacket
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
We went to Groezrock last year, the punk rock festival in Belgium. That was badass. That's my idea of a vacation.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Michael Jackson, in a haunting way.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would take on the characteristics of a hedgehog. Why? Because I've already made a costume with like 50 holes in the back, and it would go to waste otherwise.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We get naked, smother each other in goose fat and read passages from the bible backwards. Pretty standard stuff.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We tend to talk a lot, I don't think there's much that people don't know about us. I feel like we should have something interesting for this one, maybe I could start the rumour that all three of us auditioned for the role of Kevin McCallister in Home Alone.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think it is what it is and unfortunately it's not aimed at us. We have our catchy choruses and we have a positivity and message that I think could play well on the radio, however I think pop songs now are just 3 minute commercials. They want a throwaway track to sell a new phone or a new image and we just don't fit in with that. I think internet radio and podcasts are the way forward, they don't have to be as broad so you can find your niche and stick to it.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We're still pretty musical, Mark gives drum lessons and runs a rehearsal space called drum allstars, Alex engineers at Whitehouse Studios and I write.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Well, I have the ability to sweat milk, Mark can bite through solid steel and Alex can juggle his testicles.