Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
I just shat fucking bricks.
12:21 PM on 12/17/12
Deathco_019
User Info.
Release the instrumental album, reunion tour, Saosin = fin.

(Really I have no idea but that would probably be the best bet if Anthony was down for it.)
I feel like it's not the end for Saosin. Maybe Anthony will do a reunion tour, but I doubt it. He's trying to put out Young Legs and I'm sure Circa will do another tour. Pretty sure someone in Circa said they were gonna slow down a bit after a crazy year, especially for Anthony.

Plus, the show was in CA, so I think it was more of a convenient circumstance rather than some kind of premonition.
03:29 PM on 12/17/12
Deathco_019
User Info.
You could say the same things about ATDI during their reunion. I just loved what they had and don't want to see something go against my teenage nostalgia. I'm being greedy.
I'm sure the band's performance had something to do with the fact that Cedric's mom passed away just days prior to the show.
08:37 AM on 12/18/12
Deathco_019
User Info.
Anthony has said in interviews earlier this year that he's wanted to start a post-hardcore band and had some guys in mind, but didn't want to tell. If I can find a link to the interview where he says this, I can see if it matches up around the same time as Saosin said they were no longer looking for a singer because I'm pretty sure that was announced in February on their Twitter.

Here's an interview from February 10 where Anthony says "the hardcore project I can’t talk about. It’s something that will happen one day" when he was asked about it.

http://pop-break.com/2012/02/10/inte...circa-survive/
09:07 AM on 12/18/12
Deathco_019
User Info.
And here's this from the Circaboards. Maybe I'm just getting too into this, but I'm sure others are just as interested as I am right now.

http://circaboard.com/index.php?showtopic=7754
10:16 AM on 12/18/12
Deathco_019
User Info.
I can understand why somebody wouldn't call Saosin a hardcore band, but maybe Anthony was just referring to them as hardcore because TTN was post-hardcore and he doesn't want to get into genre specifics.

So I suppose it's a possibility.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version