Username
Password

12:00 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
MMarker
whereishanktwy.tumblr.com
Las Vegas
Male
Does anyone here keep up with current comics?

**Be warned, spoilers from the upcoming issue of Amazing Spider-Man #700 coming out Wednesday are about to be discussed.**

Marvel finally agreed to kill off Peter in ASM #700 this Wednesday. Long story short, he switched minds with a dying Doctor Octopus and Peter ends up dying in Ock's body leaving Octavius in Peter's body for good. Hence the new Superior Spider-man relaunch of the title. Peter Parker is dead. Mindless cashgrab? You decide.

The issue has leaked and the writer has even been receiving death threats on Twitter because of this.

I'm curious to see everyone's thoughts on this, especially non-comic book readers.
12:03 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Warns for spoilers in thread, puts spoiler in thread title.

Nice work.
12:04 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Terrible idea but i never was really into the Spider-Man books so i'm alright.
Knowing Marvel Parker will be back within a year , two years tops.
12:06 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
This is the second time this has happened. He'll be back, and this is an incredibly stupid cash grab.
12:08 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
MMarker
Las Vegas
Male
This is the second time this has happened. He'll be back, and this is an incredibly stupid cash grab.

I believe the first time you're referring to is Ultimate Spider-man, a separate universe outside of main Marvel continuity. This is the actual main story line Peter dying.
12:10 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
This is almost as dumb as Avengers Arena that just came out, The Marvel version of Battle Royale/ Hunger Games , where they force obscure but fan favorite characters to kill eachother in deathmatches for shock value. The only upside is that the art is great.
I'm telling you if they kill off X-23 or any Runaways characters in this cheap ploy i don't think i'll know how to forgive Marvel
12:11 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
MMarker
Las Vegas
Male
This is almost as dumb as Avengers Arena they just came out, The Marvel version of Battle Royale/ Hunger Games , where they make obscure but fan favorite characters kill eachother in deathmatches for shock value.

Don't even get me started on that. Mettle was my dude.
12:12 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
I believe the first time you're referring to is Ultimate Spider-man, a separate universe outside of main Marvel continuity. This is the actual main story line Peter dying.

No, he died in "The Other" where he ends up fighting Morlun. It was brief, but it was more meant as an evolution for Peter. If Marvel brought back Human Torch, Captain America, Colossus, and others, they'll bring back Peter. This is about as big of a gimmick as the clone sage, where Peter was briefly replaced as Spiderman.
12:15 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
MMarker
Las Vegas
Male
No, he died in "The Other" where he ends up fighting Morlun. It was brief, but it was more meant as an evolution for Peter. If Marvel brought back Human Torch, Captain America, Colossus, and others, they'll bring back Peter. This is about as big of a gimmick as the clone sage, where Peter was briefly replaced as Spiderman.

I have a feeling Peter will be back in the suit before the next Spidey movie hits theaters.
12:20 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
Read the full spoiler. They have to bring him back at this point.
12:21 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old
What a fucking stupid idea

EDIT

Although, a brand new spider-man versus doc ock in Peter Parker's body could be an interesting storyline.. sounds like a cash grab and they'll have some sort of excuse to bring Pete back..

EDITx2 oops

An interview with Dan Slott:
Quote:
Marvel.com: Final question. You have said publicly that after AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700 comes out you basically will have to barricade yourself in the house, not go out in public, hide from everybody etc. Are you still maintaining that attitude as we go into SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN?
Dan Slott: Passions run high and fast. And I expect many message boards to be consumed with flames as all this stuff goes down. But at the same time, I feel that once #700 is over, and when SUPERIOR launches, I think a lot of people are going to walk into this and go, “what have they done?” But when they get to the end of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1, there will be a moment of, “oooh,” and then it’ll be safe for me to poke my head out and to walk the streets again.

Hmm.. I feel like he isn't really killing Peter..
12:23 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old
Read the full spoiler. They have to bring him back at this point.

What spoiler are you referring to?
03:47 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
leftapart
Bay Area, CA
Male
Warns for spoilers in thread, puts spoiler in thread title.

Nice work.

hahahaha nice
06:34 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
Rejoice! Rejoice!
PA
Male - 26 Years Old
Gwen Stacy has already had super Goblin twins. Nothing they do at this point can bother me.
06:38 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
I stopped reading a few months ago right after No Turning Back, so I guess I really have no desire to catch up anymore.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos